Share This Page:

JE16 Reunion

Rekindle old friendships, reunite with lost & found.
Mike

JE16 Reunion

Post by Mike »

Royal Marines Squad JE16 Reunion

Last call for members of the above Squad who have not booked for
the 1st reunion of the Squad in 41 years.
Anyone knowing the whereabouts of the following:
J.Birkett; M.Buckett; J.S.Cartell; J.A. Dobson; R.A. Edwards; I.F. George;
J.H. Hutton; A.B.Lucas; A.H.Stevens; K. Tuley.
All Joined the Corps on January 8th 1963
The Reunion will take place at Exemouth and ITCRM on the weekend
of July 16 –18. 2004
For further information and booking details please contact:
Mike (Paddy) O’Rourke: Tel 01407 810868
Or Email: mokeart@hotmail.com
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Mike

Post by Mike »

Right thats it......JE16 Reunion will be taking place at CTCRM this following weekend 16-18 July.
I also know that there is a Sigs reunion at the same time.....Should any members, Archie, Pilgrim Etc, happen to spy a short young looking lad with a white'ish goatie beard...Its not me, so dont say hello
Aye
Mike

PS. Y'all make sure you have a good time.....I shall :D
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Mike

Post by Mike »

Well it happened.... a tad late for the first....41years, 191 days late to be exact.... but there you go the Sweet Sixteeners got there at last. Ten of us with assorted Girlfriends Wives and Partners ascended on the Royal Beacons Hotel, Exemouth last Friday. The most extraordinary thing about it all was that we all recognized each-other after all those years. Friday night was a'D'yer Remember' night, in fact well into the wee hours. Saturday saw us at ITC or what ever they call Lympstone these days. Coffee and Lunch in the Officers Mess (the only other time I had entered those hallowed doors was as a NOD to get a right Bollocking!! Then down to the bottom field to watch a poor shower of lads doing the assault Cs. then up to Woodbury common to find the endurance Cs.... Shit how things have changed!! the only building recognizable was what was the Adjies office,just down from the old guard room, which has been left for posterity! Sat Night a sit-down meal and much merry making. To bed late
again. Sunday to Church parade...I was fully expecting a bolt of lightning to descend on the place.. Things hadn't changed there, the usual 12 parishioners supplemented by 50 Volunteer Nods!!... WE were able to chat to them after the service where I met a lad who uses MF, tho for the life of me I cant remember his Nom de Plume1
It was great seeing the lads and to catch up on history I had lost in the mists of time.

Anyone remember this lot?...You wouldn't believe they were once 16 yr old boys!!

Image Image
Aye
Mike
Last edited by Mike on Thu 22 Jul, 2004 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Sounds like you had a great time Mike.
Couldn't have been THAT good though.....you seem to be able to remember rather a lot about it :lol: :lol: :lol:
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Good on ya, Mike 8) great post :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Who he? Left hand photo, hawaiian shirt and Tat on L forearm.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente