Share This Page:

C/Sgt (D) Pincher (Dave) Martin

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
Dolly Gray

C/Sgt (D) Pincher (Dave) Martin

Post by Dolly Gray »

It with with great regret that I must inform you of the passing of Pincher Martin ex C/Sgt(D) this morning.

Pinch passed away in Goring (Worthing) after a long uphill fight against asbestosis and the cancer that goes with it. Sadly in the end it got him and Big G got a new staff car driver.

To his grown up family in Guz his Mum & family in Chatham and especially to June (Junsie) and his three magic kids Alice Emily & Victoria in Goring I am sure you will join me at this time in offering our condolences

To those who came across him each will have their own reasons for remebering him in his crossing the bar. And love or hate the little git he was one of ours, and I am am proud to say he was my oppo!

On leaving the Coprs Pinch went to work for the police in Worthing, first in the driver section then as a Traffic Warden.

I will post details of the funeral on this site as I receive them.
Dolly Gray

Funeral of Pincher Martin

Post by Dolly Gray »

Pinchers funeral details are as follows:

Day/Date Monday 8th July 2002
Time: 1430 (2.30pm for non bootneck readers)

Service Location Offington Park Methodist Church Worthing

then 1530 (3.30pm) Worthing Crematorium

o/c drinks in the Goring Cricket Club, Pinchers favorite water hole.
Dolly Gray

Post by Dolly Gray »

A map on how to find the Offington Park Church can be found on its website at www.offingtonpark.com.

Dolly
Dolly Gray

Pinchers Funeral

Post by Dolly Gray »

Dave (Pincher) Martin (ex C/Sgt D) was buried yesterday in Worthing. The church was full of family, Royal, work mates from the police section, drinking mates from the Goring Cricket club and a few other places as well.

The vicar whose father turned out to be a ex-bootneck gave a Corps orientated sermon that none of us will forget. The tribute was read by Dave Gautier, true words by a true friend, what more could you ask on getting the last draft chit!

For those who ever mentioned the fact to Pincher that he would ‘late for his own funeral’ probably did not realise the physic powers they possessed, yes he was adrift, at least he won’t get a nine-o-clock walk for this one.

Cpl Jim Christopher played the last post and according to Dennis Challis ex Corps Drum Major it was perfect. To say it brought down the house would just be about right

The Goring Cricket club opened its doors and had laid on a cracker buffet and between Pincher, his brother and son the cash behind the bar just did not seem to run out, but we tried hard. I woke up in my car this morning in a back street in Worthing with no memory of how I got there, so it must have been a good run ashore.

See you on the other side mate!

Dolly