Share This Page:

Bush's Thanksgiving trip to Baghdad

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
nbforrest

JOn

Post by nbforrest »

Maybe we should elect Michael Jackson.

Frank: agree with you. War is Hell, more dangerous than a war is a politician of any stripe that seeks to profit politically from it. The Democrat Party over here is having the nomination debates on on television and all they can do is bash G.W., not offer an alternate plan.
life is hard, its harder if you're stupid.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

George W come from a line of war profiteers. Yankee war profiteers.

Remember one thing, it doesn't matter how they play this trip eventually: it was not his idea.
I say again: it was not his idea.

I submit to you that he doesn't like being in this position. Maybe he doesn't. He has a rebellious past.

But he also has a lot of people to answer to, people who greased the skids for him and forgave his youthful indiscretions and paved his way to the white house. I am pretty sure he didn't 'find' Jesus on his own. He likely was encouraged to reform himself in that way and making him, making him, take this trip into Indian country is a reminder of what control they have over him. As he is fond of saying, "make no mistake about it".

I would not want to be in his shoes. I don't believe he is Karl Rove's sole client, not by far.

Having said that and having considered the opposition, I say again: vote Bush. Let it break, brother. It needs to.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Bush doesnt choose anything by himself. He is surrounded by political advisors, secretaries and public relations advisors.
The Best Is Yet To Come
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

From William Lowther in Washington

It was a striking picture seen all around the world - George Bush braving the dangers of Iraq to serve Thanksgiving turkey to his loyal and grateful troops.

There was just one drawback, it emerged last night. The turkey was a fake far from being perfectly-roasted bird surrounded by vegetables and garnishes, it was a model intended purely for decoration. And the soldiers President Bush met in their giant mess tent at Baghdad Airport had to make do with more military fare as soon as the cameras were turned off. They used plastic knives and forks to eat pre-packaged meals of sliced turkey and vegetables from paper plates.

What a tight son of a bitch, George Bush relay thinks highly of his troops doesn't he.
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]