Share This Page:

CH/X101151 George Alexander Reid

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
eddycan

CH/X101151 George Alexander Reid

Post by eddycan »

George enlisted in the Royal Marines on 21 August 1940 and was discharged on 27 December 1945.

During his active service he was part of MNBDO 1 seving in Palestine, Ceylon, Burma (attached to Force Viper) and India. He also spent time with 30 Battalion RM Support Group arriving in France on D+2 and seeing action in Belgium, Holland and Hamburg, Germany.

Following the War he emigrated with his family to South Australia where he was one of the founder members, and long time supporter, of the RMA in this State.

An avid soccer player and equally committed referee, George forged a new life for his family in this country with his typical Yorkshire grit and determination.

He passed away in his 86th year following a period of illness and is survived by his wife Brigid, and their children Peter, Shauna and Monica. The cremation took place at Centennial Park on 5 June 2002, when the eulogy was given by his son-in-law Trev Lee (ex-CSgt RM) and many members of the RMA were in attendance.

Lest We Forget
Dolly Gray

C/Sgt (D)Pincher (Dave) Martin

Post by Dolly Gray »

It with with great regret that I must inform you of the passing of Pincher Martin ex C/Sgt(D) this morning.

Pinch passed away in Goring (Worthing) after a long uphill fight against asbestosis and the cancer that goes with it. Sadly in the end it got him and Big G got a new staff car driver.

To his grown up family in Guz his Mum & family in Chatham and especially to June (Junsie) and his three magic kids Alice Emily & Victoria in Goring I am sure you will join me at this time in offering our condolences

To those who came across him each will have their own reasons for remebering him in his crossing the bar. And love or hate the little git he was one of ours, and I am am proud to say he was my oppo!

On leaving the Coprs Pinch went to work for the police in Worthing, first in the driver section then as a Traffic Warden.

I will post details of the funeral on this site as I receive them.