Share This Page:

Clinton was he a

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Whitey

Clinton was he a

Post by Whitey »

Dirty peice of dog shit?
A great Statesman
A tyrant?
A sex maniac bent on getting his fair share?
Or the typical I got mine baby boomer with a fat wallet and an ugly wife?

I think Clinton was the most destructive president domestically since honest Abe.

There Wholley your turn.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Chris

cliton

Post by Chris »

Clinton was one of the best presidents you had nesides look at bush now there is bad president
Dis i spell that right?
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Chris.Well,
What a well informed point of view,
Well argued and concise,witty and at the same time,cutting edge and informative.
Good effort.
Wholley.
:o
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Can I play?

Okay.

Most of what goes wrong in any country gets blamed on its leader. Much of what goes wrong in the world gets blamed on the US.
We don't have time for Michelangelo, bring out the paint roller, or better yet, the sprayer.
Clinton is only human... It is difficult to convey to outsiders and Clinton supporters the kind of depression which followed his reelection in '96.
I'd had enough of his brand of populism and I wanted him out.
I'd had enough of his brand of corruption and I wanted him out.
I'd had enough of his wife meddling with healthcare and I wanted them both out.
I'd had enough of his dragging military and law enforcement through mud and I couldn't wait for him to get booted.
I'd had enough of his selling access to the White House and FBI files to power-brokers.

And that was all before Monica Lewinski.

Then he got reelected and I thought something has got to be wrong.
In retrospect maybe I didn't see what good he did do, whatever that was.
I do think he was flawed morally. I know Wholley would put it in stronger terms, but maybe my point will get across easier if I refrain from typing what I really said back then.
During his presidency, many cops and soldiers saw their careers ended for politically expedient reasons which in short time defanged our defense both within and without. There are way too many examples for me to get into here, and I don't plan on writing a book with footnotes. It's late and I already had a few...
In the workplace, people forcibly became politically-correct automatons during the day and made up for it outside the workplace with heavy alcohol and drug use.
His own brand of globalism resulted in highly publicized deaths at Waco, Ruby Ridge and Oklahoma City to name a few. Although I'd also recommend reading "Cold Zero" written by a former FBI-HRT member, in order to gain perspective.
He was morally flawed in crucial ways which were detrimental to the nation.

But...

By the end of his second term, we did have a budget surplus of roughly 5 trillion dollars.

Now we have George W. Bush.
Also morally flawed, but he's been watching his step (and nostrils) since he 'found' God. I suspect some who made his path to power easier helped him in that direction in order to recoup on their investment.
People say a man who was a fighter pilot and graduated from Harvard can't be the moron his detractors claim him to be. Bullshit.
I'll give a personal example here: some broad I knew was the chapter president of a national feminist organization in the Bay Area. Her grades were crap. She somehow got them changed and gained entry into Georgetown law school.
Connections. That's all it takes.
Before 9/11, he was an amusing buffoon, stumbling on words, pronouncing the word nuclear 'nukelar' and being generally entertaining.
Since 9/11, he declared war on a tactic, quickly bungled Afghanistan. The Taliban and Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are still very much alive, thank you.
And then quickly moved on to Iraq.
Why? By now, I think it's clear, so I won't get into that all over again.

His legacy to the military? I don't think folks are going to rush to their recruiting station after more of the dust settles in Iraq. Regardless of whether we win or not.
Besides what will we have won?
His legacy will more likely be remembered by Bechtel, Halliburton, Kellog, Brown & Roots, etc.
At what cost? Our debt will rise to 5 trillion dollars and then our Asian bankrollers will say no more.
This is not bean counting, gentlemen. Five trillion dollars. The current 'jobless' economic recovery.
Think about that: an economic recovery in which we are losing even more jobs.
I think the next twelve months are gonna be very interesting... Farts in the wind carry a rumor that Cheney may get dumped for the '04 ticket in favor of Condoleeza Rice, who's another bad joke on us.

f@#k them all they're all sell-outs.
spitz

Post by spitz »

Frank S,

It just proves that anyone can become president of the U.S., so long as you can raise the tens of millions to finance your election that is.

Two hundred and fifty years after that nasty business and you’ve created your very own elite class, the business barons finance their king of the Whitehouse and hope to acquire four years of favour all paid from the serfs taxes.

Politicians hmm. :agrue:
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
kwew

Post by kwew »

Im too tried to type a long post so sorry wholley this will be short unimformed and pssibly lame. Give me Clinton anyday over big duubya.
sorry wholley if i wake up later today ill say somehting worth posting :D
spitz

Post by spitz »

Kwew,

Clinton was a nightmare, although a lot of his military cuts (something the republicans like to dwell on) were actually instigated by Reagan. Clinton had, by the end of his tenure, given away secrets to China that may be significantly damaging to the US, in the same way Britain was FORCED to give the US all her secrets during the Second World War.
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Spitz,
You are correct regarding the "Elite"in this country.
Unfortunately they do not see themselves that way.
The"Beltway Boys"Think they represent the whole US.
They don't.As Al Gore found out in 2000.
Small government,state's rights and career politicians are becoming an issue again,mirroring the cause of the war between the states in 1861.
Bush is almost a Democrat with his idea of"Big Government Conservatism"What the F*ck is that?
I voted for Bush and will probably do so again as the alternatives are just too dire."Dept.of Homeland Security"What a misnomer.I have a Federal Fire-arms license as I deal part time in weapons.I've already had a visit from the men in black.I'm a caucasian male,christian,with a small "c"but the powers that be consider me a threat.BATFE have the power to kick in your door without a search warrant,terrorise your family and confiscate your property,without recourse.
P*sses me off.
Wholley.
:evil:
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Wholley,
So true you speak. The Guvamunt doesn't trust white men. Minorities because they are relatively small in populace can be controlled with the dole. White men hate the dole and realize freedom comes from God and their own free will. This scares the control freaks, they don't want people seeing any other power than them. They hate that it is in writing that power for the state comes from the people not the power of the people from the state.

We have the potential to be the freest country in the world, but big gov. threatens to take that away. And if one mentions this simple truth they are automatically called "Extremist How many extremist do you see taking peoples rights? Wanting to raise taxes? Or wanting anything other than to just be left alone.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
Tab

Post by Tab »

Well many of your current problems with terrorist are due to fact that Clinton would not deal with them. If he put troops on the ground and they took casualties as troops do, he would pull them out. Thus giving the terrorist the idea that America would never stand their ground and fight.
Are the terrorist right, well just look at the clamour to bring American troops back home from Iraq. Also Clinton's foreign policy was to throw a couple of cruise missiles at any place that he did not like and leave it that, which made the terrorist bold enough to attack as they did 11/9, knowing that nothing else much would be done. As Bush had only been in Office a short while when he had to face the problems of 11/9 it was not good start to his term as President and these problems have not stopped. The main difference between Bush and Clinton is that Clinton can give a first class speech and when talking looks the statesman. Bush on the other hand is a poor public speaker and he slowly looks for the right words which makes look any thing like a first rate statesman that he actual is.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Tab.
You are a breath of fresh air amid those in the UK who just love to Bash GWB.I think history will show him to be honest and intelligent.
Clinton? dont get me started.
Wholley.
:o
kwew

Post by kwew »

Im not sure how true this is but from what i can gather Bush isnt that bad a leader, maybe its just the whole Iraq issue is over shadowing everything but ive never heard reports on how bad Bush is in terms of internal policies. The world recession is coming to an end (for now) and i dont hear anyone complaining about the internal state of the US. I laugh at those protesters outside the palace, im sure Bush really gives one, they are nobodies and he is the most powerful man in the world if i was him id go outside, pull down my trousers and say :fist: what are your protests going to achieve you small insignificant little morons.
anyway all the best thanks for coming.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Clinton first... Honest? In general yes he was an honest bloke. The Monica thing was the scar that will be the thing that he was remembered for sadly. You can get into work every day on time for a year and the thing the boss remembers is the day you were late, not the 364 days you weren't. People are probably too quick to forget that he did do a lot more good than harm but Monica is always around the corner to throw the shadow on his good work.

GWB... a poor public speaker? I don't think that matters. Bush is doing what he thinks is right for America. America was wounded by 9/11 and who else but the president can heal her?

The news the other day was all about "The Queen says no to Bush's request to strengthen the palace". Bush didn't ask for that, his lackies and advisors will have done that without him probably knowing about it.

Today on the news a woman was quoted saying "The reason I am here is because Bush didn't sign the Kyoto agreement". Everyone else was dripping about the wrongness of going to war. The one thing they had all forgotten is: The reason they can protest is because of democracy and freedom. The same democracy and freedom that so many people have died for and continue to die for in all corners of this little planet floating around in space. If GWB fancys a pint I'll be in my local on Saturday night... he can buy the first. All he and every head of state is doing is what they think is best for their people.
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Clinton was good for finances, but he created the worst sin against men of the free world. He attacked the Constitution, he murdered civilians on our own soil, he ruled by executive order, much like a dictator.

Getting a hummer by Big Booty Love Monica Lewinskin was small change to the list of his treasonous crimes.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Sticks, America hasn't ever fought for freedom, except maybe 1775, but even that was about money. We always fight over money of opprotunities for money. Our cemetaries are filled with poor saps who were told they were fighting for freedom and the beleived it all the way to the grave, while the Dick Cheneys ran all the way to the bank. Honestly, besides 1812 who ever invaded the US? Pearl Harbor was a set up, we allowed obsolete battle ships to get bombed to galvanize the US, one hell of a coincidence that the carriers were out to sea, the very vessel that won the pacific war. It is and always has been about the cash. I can remember guarding Kuwaiti oil fields, what did that have to do with protecting the constitution of the USA?