Share This Page:

God save the Queen!

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Chester

Post by Chester »

I heard the term 'Loyalist Royalist' on telly last week - pretty much describes me really :D
[color=white].[/color]
When not awake, I am often found asleep
always go commando

Post by always go commando »

Bring back someone like Ms.Thatcher, she was a true Brit
You can't be serious, if you can find a person who doesn't know someone who was unemployed during the Thatcher years I'll personally sign a petition to get a power mad female politician into the PM position.
stuck in a rut, unsure about the future, unsure about the military lifestyle, for a while anyway
kwew

Post by kwew »

Wholley
the next elections are in two years time and i dont think the conservatives have a prayer because the state the party is in internally, constant bickering and general unrest, they need to book up there ideas if they are seriously going to contest.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Always.
If you want a power mad Female politician,try Hillary Clinton,way more dangerous than Dame Margaret Thatcher.
Wholley.
:o
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ok Lads n Lassies... check this scenario out.... and believe me I have a fear that this is about to happen, ESPECIALLY as long as the present incumbent is around.

'Without a referendum, bLier signs us up for the whole caboose and we suddenly find that we are Europeans and have the Euro forced upon us'

What do we do then!...... :evil:
Aye
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

I think it'd be a grave mistake on the part of Blair.
I also think he does not want a referendum on the issue, hasn't he said so?
But without a referendum, how legitimate could his push to join the EU be?
Seems to me it would go against the tenets of the new European constitution (although I still have to read it in its entirety).

Seems to me it would be contested by force of arms.
I do think the idea behind the European Union is a good one but it may not be so for every nation, and because of this, a referendum is absolutely indispensable.

It may or may not be such a good thing for individual rights to come to the fore of this constitution, based on perversions of the US model.
And wouldn't giving up one nation's sovereignty for the sovereignty of the Union mean giving up national identity?

The last time I saw Marseilles, I did not recognize it. And that was 17 years ago. All the same, I can't imagine isolationism and protectionism to be viable either, and looking to the past is not helpful.

Currently British business and Japan's government's own much of the US. In the case of the UK in particular, what does this mean in terms of its ability and willingness to remain 'apart' from either the US or now the EU?
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

wholley wrote:Smiley man,
On a more serious note,
Is there any hope for a Conservative Government in the UK any time soon.And when are your next general elections?
Out of touch with British politics,But that is the point of this forum.I hope to see more people from around the globe post here.
(Self Glorification,maybe I should run for office).
Wholley.
:o
Wholley the Conservative's have not got a chance of being in Government until they find a new leader. One which has the backing of his party which IDS (Ian Duncan Smith) clearly does not have. British politics at the moment has no verity I feel, Conservative's don't have a chance because of the reason above. Liberal Democrats well to be honest I don't really no to much about them, but if they anything going for them they would have done better is previous elections. And Labour well I hate them and Tony with a vengeance, enough said. :evil: :evil:

Sadly to say when the next election comes around my vote is BNP.
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
kwew

Post by kwew »

I think i'd rather the UK became the next state in the USA i think we have more in common with the yanks than some frog eating europeans :evil: .
Plus the UK and the US would from a super power to end all super powers, and as the saying goes might is right.
You see as a state in the US, UK could still keep its identity, laws and traditions (like other US states) but still be part of something big but not europe. this could pave the way for other countires like AUS and NZ to join this super power.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Jason

Your last sentence! Add my name to the list and plenty others I know.

Tories haven't a hope in hell of getting in next time round, I trust none of them, we need something radical to happen in this country (& soon!) we have put up with enough crap from these prats
df2inaus

Some good news from across the pond - a Republican defeated

Post by df2inaus »

John Manley was one of three hoping to become leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, but dropped out of the race some months ago. He was a Republican and as finance minister presided, like many liberals before him, over the continuing destruction of Canada's once-powerful miltary-because it has ties to the crown perhaps????? Anyway, he also was rumoured to be in the running for Sec Gen of NATO, hard to believe since Canada's defence spending as a pct of GDP is 2nd last in NATO, above Luxembourg, which is totally unacceptable for a founding memebr of NATO and G8 member. Manley will certainly fade into Canadian political obscurity.
"Poor Ike, it won't be a bit like the Army. He'll find it very frustrating. He'll sit here and he'll say, 'Do this! Do that!' And nothing will happen."
Harry Truman
Smilie-man'81

Post by Smilie-man'81 »

Unfortunatly we havent got much to pick from in t5he elections.
Labour - Blair, need i say more.
Tories, IDS - lack of control and leadership of his party let alone a country.
Lib Dem - Dont know much about but they back the EU and want to ban smacking your children therefore making criminals of good parents. No discipline is the problem today. We got rind of the cane and look what happened. 14 yr old yobs!

As for Thatcher, yes high unemployment but i dont think we would have the asylem seeking problem and losing our soverenty, nuclear weapons, forces, heritadge and currency.

Post by Guest »

well, Blair and Bush got rid of a dictator in saddam, all we need now is to get rid of blair and bush, two more dictators. "Hang the Bastard" as said, for treason
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

If you do hang them, please make sure that you spike the heads on an appropriate bridge over the Thames like they did in the good old days, I mean no half measures please. Another good way was the chains outside the Grapes Pub on the Thames, they were hung out for at least two high tides, if the first didn't get 'em the second did.

Luvvvverrrly Juuuubbbbbbbbbbbbberly!
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Whether or not the Queen goes, a European (i.e. Franco-German) foreign policy is only a matter of time. You are losing your Sovereignty, not in huge chunks, but in tiny ways, one drop at a time. When you realise this, it will be too late.
I’ve expounded the idea of withdrawal from the E.U. and closer ties to the Commonwealth previously. The average Aussie doesn’t like the way this country is getting into bed with Uncle Sam on trade agreements and defence etc. My suggestion of closer ties to Canada, NZ and UK, plus the more stable Commonwealth countries, has met with no opposition so far.
GB is an island. It is not mainland Europe.
The time for Party Politics, with nowt to choose between them, is over. They are both guilty of selling you out.
A party run on an anti EU, anti immigration and common dog ticket would be a good idea. Sadly, as I scan the horizon with me binos, I can’t see one.
Aye,
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Don't believe there is not a fourth party Harry, they are waiting in the wings if they field enough candidates, the subject is on a lot of peoples lips, except we are not allowed to say what we really feel in this democracy of ours. The silent mob will be heard sooner or later, who was it said 'Read my lips......'

...........by the way are you on night shift?