Share This Page:

HMS Dolphin

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
JanT27

HMS Dolphin

Post by JanT27 »

Hi, I am hoping somebody out there can help me. I have just discovered I had a great uncle who joined the Navy in 1903, he was on various ships including HMS Victory at Portsmouth. He won the Royal Victorian Medal for attempting to save the life of another rating. I believe he left the Navy round about 1920 (I have his service record, very difficult to read) and rejoined during WW2. He was a Chief Yeoman of Signals on HMS Dolphiin, he died 1944 and is buried at Haslar Royal Naval Cemetery. My query is he died at the age of 59 which sounds a bit old to still be in the Navy. Was this usual during WW2 and is there any way I can get his WW2 service record. Many thanks for any info.
Tab

Re: HMS Dolphin

Post by Tab »

During the war many things would happen that would never happen during peace time. Now of I remember rightly HMS Dolphin was a land base and he could have been working as an instructor and they would not have worried to much about his age. My grandfather was recalled to the colours in WW 1 at the age of 55 his brother rejoined his old Regiment at 58 years of age both saw service on the Western Front.
arzoo

Re: HMS Dolphin

Post by arzoo »

Well, these are good to keep the weight controlled. Almonds, oats, leafy greens, beans, peppermint, green tea, kelp and many others can also be beneficial to be used.