Share This Page:

Wanting to join but..

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
mute

Wanting to join but..

Post by mute »

Hello I am wanting to join the Army but I have something worrying my chances so I've signed up here to hopefully get an answer one way or another.
The problem is my right leg, I believe that am suffering from shin splints after talking with and being treated with afew rounds of ultrasound by my local hospital physio practitioner I'm worried this will put a stop to my chances of joining. I want to serve my country and advance inlife so its important to me. I've been referred back to my GP who will then hopefully put me forward for an appointment with a sports professor at the QMC in Nottingham to have this treated.

I have an online application completed but have yet to send it off as Id prefer this leg issue gets dealt with.
After being treated will I be able to apply without being flat out denied?
Hyperlithe

Re: Wanting to join but..

Post by Hyperlithe »

They'll probably want you to have been healed for at least a certain amount of time before you apply, as there'd be a high risk of recurrence during training that would put you out of action for quite some time. Your best bet is to speak to your AFCO and find out what they suggest - much better to be upfront about it.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
paratrooperRC

Re: Wanting to join but..

Post by paratrooperRC »

totally agree! Wait till u find out what th outcome is before u send th application off!
I got knocked back 2year ago because i recently had a hernia before applied, and they said i could apply again till a year and half after because incase there were any complications.
Tell them before u apply or when it comes to your medical mate u will fail if your not fit!