Share This Page:

Application process

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Goodings

Application process

Post by Goodings »

New to this forum and was just wondering if someone could give me some information on roughly how long the application process takes.
So far I've submitted application online and filled in and submitted my medical declaration form. What comes next?
Hyperlithe

Re: Application process

Post by Hyperlithe »

Which service have you applied for?
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
militarygirl

Post by militarygirl »

well i sent my application of in MARCH and im still waiting for selection dates and its now SEPTEMBER. ive had my interview and filled out medical forms and im still waiting, there is no set time for the application process you just have to keep in contact with them, goodluck with your application :D
Application sent: 4th July.
Interview: 15th July.
Pre-selection: 24th Sept.
Selection: To be confirmed..
Mile and half :12:10
Goodings

Post by Goodings »

I'm applying for parachute regiment. Still waiting to here back from application and medical declaration.
Thanks and good luck to you, hope all works out for you and your not waiting around much longer.
paratrooperRC

Post by paratrooperRC »

applying for paras aswell.. been waiting a while for to get back to me like, might going into local careers office and do it there because it was a much quicker process last time
Goodings

Post by Goodings »

I'm was talking to someone today and I now expect to hear something within two weeks! I better because I just want to get on with it now!
Hope everything starts to speed up for you. Best of luck
paratrooperRC

Post by paratrooperRC »

where u from like? it said on my application they will get back to me within two weeks for weeks now.. Just want t get on with it aswell been training for ages like!
Goodings

Post by Goodings »

From Sunderland but living in London now, I would say your from the northeast as well by the way you speak. So did you go in to the recruitment office?
paratrooperRC

Post by paratrooperRC »

aye mate from gateshead/newcastle. I done it online this time but if they havnt got back to me by monday al head to the careers office. Failed my medical couple year ago with hernia so determined to get in this time like!
Goodings

Post by Goodings »

No way mate must have been gutted getting a set back like that.
What's your time and stats looking like now? How old are you? I'm 26
paratrooperRC

Post by paratrooperRC »

22 mate, havnt been timing myself at the minute like, just doing 200 situps and pressups a day and running on a night with weights then the next a long run without. Play football for washingtonFC aswell and have a benchpress n that in mine so go on that aswell but most people are saying u dont have to go in like th hulk they are just focused on your running starting off, am sure after basic training they will make u much more physically in shape.
14stone 6ft5 at the minute like, dont wanna be over heavy and not get in cos my mate got knocked back being too heavy.
whats your times n stats like?
Goodings

Post by Goodings »

Yeah through training they build you up to the standards that they want. As long as you can achieve the pass mark for 1.5mile ect your fine.
I'm currently coming in with a 9:22 for 1.5mile
55 press ups
72 sit ups
12 strict pull ups
From what I have read I am hitting the target for all of them so I'm happy. still want to improve on them though.
Yeah i keep getting told to stay away from weights and just focus on running, press ups, pull ups and sit ups. But I enjoy weight training so I still do it anyway cant see it having any effect on me.
I hear ADSC will be the next step, any idea if that's the same for you?
paratrooperRC

Post by paratrooperRC »

Go to a local careers office mate or look online, after u applied you probs will have to go in for an interview, then your BARB test like numeracy and literacy tests general knowledge blah blah then pass them you go in for RSC (Recruitment selection centre) Full medical by an Army doctor, Basic physical tests, Interviews with Army officers.. then Parachute Regiment Aptitude Course (PRAC)
Gym tests
15 sit-ups on a bench angled at 45 degrees.
10 dips on the parallel bar.
10 underarm heaves to the bar.
5 Mile Run
3 miles squadded
1 & half miles in best time
Steeplechase Course
2 circuits in no more than 12 minutes..

Basically this is the process:

1. Application Approval / Medical Approval
2. BARB test / Maths & English test
3. Pre-selection
4. Selection
5. Fill in a disclosure form
6. Pre-Oath
7. Oath & receive army number
8. Basic training
Goodings

Post by Goodings »

See this is what I can't get. I was told that my next step would be ADSC and I thought that was wrong as I haven't even had an interview.
Will see what happens I expect to hear something this week or next.
Have you getting an invite to an insite course?
Hope things start to speed up for you pal and you get sorted soon
paratrooperRC

Post by paratrooperRC »

hahah no mate, defo not ADSC straight after applying, no unfit umpa lumpaz can go there lol need to know if your fit enough and mentally ready for it, if that happend it wud be like private pile off FullMetalJacket(film) :lol:
U dont get invited to the course mate, just go in your local careers office and ask, I emailed them about it and they said go the careers office and get signed onto it,, it would be a good course like, give u a little insider what it will be like..
look on google, there are a list of dates on one site or more coming up, i might sign up for the insight course this week for next month u shud come on it..