Share This Page:

Thinking about signing up!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Oaten

Re: Thinking about signing up!

Post by Oaten »

When I went in to get some info or signing up etc the guy I spoke to was a great help and friendly.

My progress after my 3mile jog/walk I signed up to the gym the next day done a small chest and abs workout followed by a 10min run when I got home and today I hurt all over :lol: so if I feel better later I may hit the gym again if not I will go tomorrow.
Dunkers

Post by Dunkers »

Hopefully i wont end up with some grump then lol
Millar

Post by Millar »

Oaten wrote:My progress after my 3mile jog/walk I signed up to the gym the next day done a small chest and abs workout followed by a 10min run when I got home and today I hurt all over :lol: so if I feel better later I may hit the gym again if not I will go tomorrow.
if your in pain then you have done enough, try avoiding working yourself to much in 1 day, remember you only start building muscle during your rest, you damage the muscle (sorta) when working out, and it's during rest that it rebuilds itself stronger, so try to keep the Gym down to once a day, an injury will stop any progress your making on your fitness :p
Dunkers wrote:Hopefully i wont end up with some grump then lol
That might just be an act to see how you react to someone not persuading you or giving you positive feedback, remember the Army needs self motivated people, so don't let him see your bothered with his attitude, that or he could simply be a grump.... lol
Oaten

Post by Oaten »

Millar wrote:
Oaten wrote:My progress after my 3mile jog/walk I signed up to the gym the next day done a small chest and abs workout followed by a 10min run when I got home and today I hurt all over :lol: so if I feel better later I may hit the gym again if not I will go tomorrow.
if your in pain then you have done enough, try avoiding working yourself to much in 1 day, remember you only start building muscle during your rest, you damage the muscle (sorta) when working out, and it's during rest that it rebuilds itself stronger, so try to keep the Gym down to once a day, an injury will stop any progress your making on your fitness :p
Dunkers wrote:Hopefully i wont end up with some grump then lol
That might just be an act to see how you react to someone not persuading you or giving you positive feedback, remember the Army needs self motivated people, so don't let him see your bothered with his attitude, that or he could simply be a grump.... lol
Yeah I didnt do anything today just fully rested and plan to go gym 2moro and do some weights and cardio. Im just trying to get ideas on what to eat Ive ready 1 or 2 of your diets miller which has been good I just need to see more and get a few more ideas
Millar

Post by Millar »

Anything with low carbs and high protein is good really, providing you eat 3 well balanced meals a day you will be fine, the exercise will do the rest, search Google for some ideas, if you find any, post them an let me have a ganda always looking for ideas :)
Oaten

Post by Oaten »

Im pretty useless when it comes to what's good and what's not
Millar

Post by Millar »

I am really, I've just done allot of research, not that it matters because during Phase 1 we eat what were given haha
Oaten

Post by Oaten »

Managed to go to the gym today worked on the back and a little on arms then 10mins on the rowing machine, fitness finally slowly getting better I will soon be there
Dunkers

Post by Dunkers »

Managed to get my first timed run done on saturday, did 1.5 in 12.27 at a push. Was quite happy but I know ican reqlly improve it.

Hows the gym work going oaten? Seeing much improvement yet?
Millar

Post by Millar »

Dunkers wrote:Managed to get my first timed run done on saturday, did 1.5 in 12.27 at a push. Was quite happy but I know ican reqlly improve it.
Similar to my first IDSC time, I was happy with that at the time :)
Dunkers

Post by Dunkers »

Yeah I want to get sub 10 just for personal satisfaction lol
Hopefully wont take too long to get there, going to try another tonight so will hopefully see a bit of improvement.
Millar

Post by Millar »

Dunkers wrote:Yeah I want to get sub 10 just for personal satisfaction lol
Hopefully wont take too long to get there, going to try another tonight so will hopefully see a bit of improvement.
Yup always aim higher, can't go far wrong then! :)
Oaten

Post by Oaten »

Ive managed to keep the gym going which is good and also done some running today after a back workout I done some running, got the time in the picture but I might be simple asking this but does the 1.64 mean I ran over a mile and half? I know running on the treadmill isnt the same but its a start

How are you both getting on?
Millar

Post by Millar »

Most treadmills are KPH and include a cooldown, make sure it's set to miles
Dunkers

Post by Dunkers »

I've only managed to get enough spare time to do 2 other runs but they were both sub 12 so its not too bad, need to find more time so i can really improve but theres just not enough time in a day lol

Gym work has all improved so thats a plus.

Not long now millar, bet it will be such a relief just finally getting there.

Oaten have you thougt anymore about what you specifically want to do?