Share This Page:

RAF PTSD

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
storm982

RAF PTSD

Post by storm982 »

Hi everyone I'm here because I'm massively confused and would like some guidance.

I've applied to the RAF. I am 24 and go gym regularly as I'm into body building I've test myself repeatedly for the
the Pre-Joining Fitness Test which I should pass without a hitch.
I have better academic qualifications than are required by the position and I've taken the Aptitude Test
on the RAF website and only got 2 questions wrong.
My big problem though may come at the Full Medical Examination; when I was about 12-16 I was bullied at high school. I was then referred by my teachers to a psychologist who started diagnosing me with all kinds of rubbish: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Depression. My problem is now I'm 24 and want to join the military, I'm very disappointed there's a chance I'm probably going to be turned away and banned from making any other applications to the Armed Forces in my life.
If I am turned away the kick in the teeth is the fact that I don't have Depression or P.T.S.D and to meet me you would never guess that its on my medical records because I act, feel, behave like a normal person. I'm a happy-go-lucky optimistic guy and it would really piss me off if I could be turned away when there's f@#k all wrong with me except some shit written on my medical records by a 'professional'.

So will I get to the Medical Examination stage and if I do can I plead my case that I am 100% mentally fit and able or will I just immediately be turned away and banned from applying again?

Any help or advice is immensely appreciated guys so thank you.
Tab

Re: RAF PTSD

Post by Tab »

I have a feeling that PTSD label is being attached to any condition that they can't easily explain