Share This Page:

tendinitis

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
waiting

tendinitis

Post by waiting »

Hello just wondering if anyone could help me, whats the armys stance on tendinitis? its only a slight case but its in my patella which is the front of the knee. the knee doctor i saw said no problem have a good career, but the army have sent two letters of investigation to him.

Its starting to really drag now and i was wondering if any one has any information on this?

thanks
Tab

Re: tendinitis

Post by Tab »

Remember there are a lot of people wanting to join the Forces that are 100% fit. Also you did not mention what you wanted to join in the forces, as this is in the Army section I assume that is where you are going. Now if you are infantry you will be hauling a huge pack on back for days at a time and any problems will soon show them selfs
waiting

Post by waiting »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, a little more info, im hoping to join the royal artillery. I am fully fit my run time is around 9 30, and im also able to run 10 miles around an hour and half! so im fit. but with tis medical history will that be frowned on??

as i said in the first message my knee doctor said there is no problem, but the medical centre are wanting more info. hope he is fighting my corner!!!
ofens

Post by ofens »

I had tendinitis in the wrist (insert jokes here!) when I was 14.
From playing guitar in a punk/metal band (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).
It takes a long time to go, you have to rest and gently rehab the affected area. But it does go and if your rehab is good to strengthen the area it will never come back :)
I have no idea what the army's medical stance is on it though.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
waiting

Post by waiting »

Ha ha good story mate!!

Yeah I did have physio and she said it was caused due to a weak core, so I've been doing a lot of core work and it's done the trick, I know the army are funny with knees!!! Just keep my fingers crossed