Share This Page:

Pending charges

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
newkid

Pending charges

Post by newkid »

Hi im asking for a friend, they were accepted into the army after passing the barb test and only have the icebreaker left(unsure what this is) but now have 2 charges brough against them that will now need to be dealt with, do they need to inform the army of these pending charges and will it effect there acceptance

Thanks

Michael
Tab

Re: Pending charges

Post by Tab »

It is best to be open about all of this also you did not state what he has been charged with, which can make a lot of difference
newkid

Post by newkid »

they have been charged with 2 seperate things, one is bop(domestic) and another is threatening behaviour
ofens

Post by ofens »

Asking for a friend eh...? LOL
Isn't it funny how there's so many posts where people are "asking for a friend" and not "asking because they have f***ed up and aren't afraid to admit it" ... :lol:
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Tell your < ahem... *cough, cough* > 'friend' that they will have to declare this to their recruiter. When 'he' originally went into the ACIO they will have given him a Rehabilitation Act form to fill in. If the situation has changed then your..... (sorry...) 'his' recruiter will need to know. It will not NECESSARILY change the application process, but it obviously could impact if a court appearance if required.

Its always best to be honest with the recruiter so that it doesn't come back to bite you at a later time.

From the Army website:
Some convictions are forgotten – or ‘spent’ – after a rehabilitation period. The length of this period depends on the offence. You must tell us about any unspent convictions you have. For some jobs you’ll need to tell us about any convictions when you apply, whether spent or not. You need to be honest – if you hide a conviction before joining up, you could be prosecuted later.
http://www.army.mod.uk/join/20161.aspx
newkid

Post by newkid »

Ok ty for the replies, now ill be honest as to why i asked as i wanted truthful answers. I am actually the victim in all of this and am the one that has brought the charges against the person. The keep laughing at me saying just because you are having me taken to court the court will throw it out because i am joining the army and have been accepted.

The person has so far been charged with threatening and abusive behaviour which is a s38 in scotland and breach of the peace domestic as they are my x partner, I also know they havent informed there recruiting officer as these charges were brought after the handed in there disclosure form and have stated they will not be informing them.

As i said ty for the information and i do hope it comes back to bit them.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

If they don't tell them, they will find out anyway, and there will be trouble!
And the court will NOT throw it out just because they had been accepted to the Army.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Amphibian

Post by Amphibian »

Indeed, It looks to me like a ploy for you to give up, stick to your guns. The mod find out everything.
"Chin up, crack on"