Share This Page:

Decided today

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
bradqwer

Decided today

Post by bradqwer »

Ok short story, Today I decided to join the Army, main reason is that I have always been interested and the UK job market is pants, so I thought why not join the army!!

I have a few questions I plan to apply for front line positions, I see these require no qualifications, Im currently 31 years Old and am pretty fit is it too late realisticaly to persue a path in the armed forces, TBH I want to dedicate my life to this now in the long term I have no commitments or family to speak of.

The tests that are required what is the % required for a pass as I have done the ones on the Army website and got a rate of 74% if u avg it across all the online tests, What positions would you recomend me to apply for as I really dont have any formal GCSE results to speak of.

I also realise that time is short in relation to my age, so the fastest possible route is needed I think does anyone have any advice they could give me
Tab

Re: Decided today

Post by Tab »

Now what interests you, what have you been doing.
bradqwer

Post by bradqwer »

Hey Mod could you elaborate, As for what sector I wanna join I listed my 3 choices as Infantry Soldier, Sniper and machine Gunner in that Order.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Sniper you have to have been in for a while then get selected and pass the tests which is not easy. Now Machine guns, most guns have an automatic capability, and humping the larger ones can be hard work. Now there are a wide range of jobs like the RA. RE. Tanks which also can be very interesting and need a bit more skill.
bradqwer

Post by bradqwer »

Cheers for the reply Tab, you refered to RE. and RA. which currently mean nothing to me, I had a quick look at the combat roles in the army but couldnt find anything which I think fits into the previous two you mentioned, im prob being a little dim lol.

I want to be on the front line in the thick of the action, would you recomend any other roles? Ill look into the 'tank' option,

Also due to my age, being 31 I pretty have to pass 1st time right? 32 in april.
Tab

Post by Tab »

RE .........Royal Engineers RA..............Royal Artillery with these you still action but you have a wider range of tasks.
bradqwer

Post by bradqwer »

cheers sent u a pm fella
bradqwer

Post by bradqwer »

Well I decided to go for RA, Infantry, then RE as the three choices that the CA asked me to chose, so hopefully the next six month fly by and I get some sort of posting, the sweat and hard work starts now!