Share This Page:

Where's the Forum gone?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Rover

Re: Where's the Forum gone?

Post by Rover »

Tomorrow it will be 5.5 months since the last post on this subject!

It would seem that the only 'process' that is happening is the burial party departing. :(

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
daz89

Post by daz89 »

I hope not! This site has helped a countless amount of people pass out of training etc... It has been awful quiet as of late though, Not sure what can be done though. I am more than willing to donate more money to help the cause. I cant seem to find the mfat forums donation page anymore, if anyone would like to post it for me I would be grateful?

Also like to say happy birthday to our majesty the queen on her 85th birthday, wonder if shes having a few 'shandys' to celebrate :drinking:
timex

Post by timex »

Rover, it is sad. I log on every day or so and the only new threads on ANY forum tend to be potential recruits asking the same questions (sadly without using the search facility).
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

timex wrote:Rover, it is sad. I log on every day or so and the only new threads on ANY forum tend to be potential recruits asking the same questions (sadly without using the search facility).
Sadly 'Search' sounds too much like 'Research' for some school leavers so they're reluctant to hit the tit and give it a go... :roll: Like their homework/coursework, unless they can copy paste or get someone else to do their work for them they ain't bovvered...

And yes, this place is just gathering dust of late... there just aren't enough contributors asking new/interesting questions that haven't been asked before... A number of new posters on here have been of the sort "Hey... Just found this site! Looking forward speaking with you all! Great! What's it like in the SAS? lol...." and being spotty yoofs with $hite personal admin they probably never post again because they've forgotten their password.... :D

I still can't help myself from popping in to have a look though, but like most of the booties that have bugged out to OAMAM, I've dawdled off to the ARRSE site where there's so much traffic you can hardly keep up with all the ongoing threads on every subject going.....

Still..... thanks for all the fish...
timex

Post by timex »

sportbilly42 wrote:
timex wrote:Rover, it is sad. I log on every day or so and the only new threads on ANY forum tend to be potential recruits asking the same questions (sadly without using the search facility).
Sadly 'Search' sounds too much like 'Research' for some school leavers so they're reluctant to hit the tit and give it a go... :roll: Like their homework/coursework, unless they can copy paste or get someone else to do their work for them they ain't bovvered...

And yes, this place is just gathering dust of late... there just aren't enough contributors asking new/interesting questions that haven't been asked before... A number of new posters on here have been of the sort "Hey... Just found this site! Looking forward speaking with you all! Great! What's it like in the SAS? lol...." and being spotty yoofs with $hite personal admin they probably never post again because they've forgotten their password.... :D

I still can't help myself from popping in to have a look though, but like most of the booties that have bugged out to OAMAM, I've dawdled off to the ARRSE site where there's so much traffic you can hardly keep up with all the ongoing threads on every subject going.....

Still..... thanks for all the fish...
I go to both ARRSE and OAM which admittedly are busier, however "Newbies" don't tend to get flamed too much here.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

yeah... but the sensitivity of Flighty's banter-detector was always set to 'hair-trigger mode' and at the slightest bit of joshing (well all right pi$$ taking) to some of the new posters dafter questions she used to slap legs like my old maths teacher...

These days, if and when we get a new joiner who asks a bone question, I'm more inclined to ignore rather than answer and indulge in some harsh... erm 'banter'... in case Flighty's still watching :D
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Flighty is long gone.
I too look around the other military sites ARSE and OAMAAM being two.
There seems to be a difference in customers between these three.
ARRSE for those serving,OAM for those that have served and MF for those thinking about serving.
It's all rather depressing when I can go AWOL for a week and nothing happens apart from some spam.
daz89

Post by daz89 »

There’s that much helpful threads on here though, maybe the smart lads that are searching the site are getting the information they need and don’t need to ask 'bone' questions? Just a quick thought. I also check the forums everyday and put my input in where ever possible, but I do miss the old farts banter???
Rover

Post by Rover »

Young whipper snapper!!!!

Less of the 'old farts' please.
The doc said it was a problem bue to a reaction with the beans and the senakot I was on. :cry: :oops:
Better now stopped the senakot and increased the curry and chilli sauce on the kippers. :onfire:

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
ofens

Post by ofens »

What a shame, when I joined this site it was quite busy and chatty, I almost wore the search button out before I posted anything! I still log on couple of times a week to see if I can learn something and/or help someone.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

All is not lost so fret not :-?
Some damage has been wrought by certain Regretable Chaps in the recent past but I reckon that is all behind us.
Iv'e been knocking around this forum for eight years and have had a blast mostly.
I'm not ready to see it go down the tubes.
Ifen you have suggestions to perk the place up a little you know where I am,either PM or e-mail.

Rove,
have a skeg through your PM's.
timex

Post by timex »

Give it time..................... :drinking:
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

All has been noted, but its going to take time.
Changes will happen slowly, bare with us peeps. 8)
Macca

Post by Macca »

Hi guys, haven't been on these forums for a while myself, would be ashame to see this place disapear afterall it helped me out alot!!

I was 16-17 when i joined this site and I was in the process of joining the Marines, back then it was quite a busy site and apart from the childish bickering occuring, it did sprout some very helpful threads of which I'm sure have helped many indeed. I herd about a new forum which had been formed which was the PRMC forum which has now been transfered onto the official RM website and is currently booming, so i believe most of the young lads aspiring to be RM's go there these days which I'm sure have had an affect on this site as alot (not all) of the members here were RM applicants.

I dont login in often these days but i have peered in from time to time, would be nice to see the site busier at somepoint.

Hope all is well

Macca
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

No - I'm still here .... it's only cancer

Miserable fate this page has suffered - and such nice people...

To make it work again - subscribe !

I come in now and then when I'm not busy sticking plastic tubes into my pleasure bit ...

Bionic Bootneck - but I DO come in ... and, yes, I am old - but I am full of knowledge and useless banter. I will contribute, I will extract the urine - and I will help to pass your time -
and try to keep you alive.....

And I'm always lurking down at "Speak to a Listener"
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]