Share This Page:

body type split

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Gazz2345

body type split

Post by Gazz2345 »

hey all, reading through a book called "fighting fit" by adrian wheale to help with training for the marines (got my Psychometric test on the 10th) my hardest target I have to hit is pull ups (i currently do 5) as i am a heavy build.

in this book it states that paras are suited to having a heavier body set, is this true?

thanks in advance.
FutureRifleman

Post by FutureRifleman »

Hi there,

read that book some time ago. Some good stuff in there, don't remember it saying that about body types though.

I shouldn't imagine that is the case because paras initial run times are lower (9.18 - 9.40) than marines (10.30) which wouldn't favour a heavier build. Don't think there's much difference between the two.

End of the day mate, don't think it matters too much - at PRMC you only need to do 6 pullups so you're hardly miles off! (Though they do say you should be able to bang out 10 by the time you start RT).

Good luck on the psych
Gazz2345

cleared that up

Post by Gazz2345 »

thanks for clearing that up, Im sure when I loose the pounds they're come easier any way.

cheer
waynepe

Post by waynepe »

pullups are easy to get up mate, do a max effort tonight see how many you can do and then half that amount, then at 3 times during the day do the half amount wait 2 mins then do another half amount. then wait another 2 mins and do another half amount so your doing 3 x 1/2 max with 2 mins break in between. I started doing that with being able to do just 8, so 4 at a time. I can now do 43 in a row and thats only around 6 months later.
application form : done
BARB test : passed 82
Medical : Broke my wrist so 12 months wait before reapply.