Share This Page:

Pti- 3 day selection

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
ellie102

Pti- 3 day selection

Post by ellie102 »

Hello everyone... Ive just come back from my 3 day vetting (7th until 10th Sept) - unfortunately failed... they initially asked me back in 6months (29th March) to improve in the areas needed- leadership and 1.5 mile run time. However, they are now saying i will be on a course in either October or November because the trade is due to close.

Has anybody else got there date for either the October or November course?

Would really appreciate a reply...

Thankyou
psv22

Post by psv22 »

Hi ellie,
Sorry to hear that.

I did my AST in June this year and was told then that the PTI branch had stoped recruiting as they had enough people to fill the next few courses and vettings.

Does this mean that they are stopping the vettings aswell??

I wonder how long it is going to take for them to open again? I was also told in June that they had not been recruiting for some time. Very frustraiting!!

Good luck with your next vetting anyway, just out of interest was there anything different on the selection from what the AFCO said/changes in the standard requirements for the physical tests?
ellie102

Post by ellie102 »

I know, its annoying isnt it. Well i should of been going on a course next march. But they are pushing candidates forward so they dont have to run anymore. Then, they are closing the PTI trade until 2011.

No, no difference in the requirements. The only thing different is you do not do the climbing wall and the swimming isnt on the first day, its the second.
psv22

Post by psv22 »

2011, Jesus!!!

What a pain. I first made contact with the AFCO in January this year when they said thay weren't recruiting, wasn't untill March someone said that I could still do my AST, which I then did in June. So any waiting list I am on, I will be quite near the bottom of it I guess.

Oh well if its what I want I will just have to wait!

Good luck to you, I have spoken to some PTI's that live locally to me and I think if they ask you back fairly soon they tend think you will pass on your seacond time, lets hope that goes for you.

Good Luck
ellie102

Post by ellie102 »

Yeah i think you will be actually. It is what i want. Been waiting so long, i just want to get in now.
Yeah hopefully. Its really rare they say.. to ask for you back in 6 months...its usually 12months or more or not at all. But really for me its two months now im going back in November :). So fingers crossed.

Good luck with youre application aswel :)