Share This Page:

Females Joining up.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Agreed most women dont but does that mean we blanket ban all women?
As Sandy says 99% of guys in the Army will never experience milling so its a moot point, unless we start making everyone do it.

Now anyone can be taught aggression and when a guy in combat falters its always the training that kicks in and gets him through.

Lets run a select few female applcants through the 26 weeks of Infantry training and lets see how many pass, A guy who comes out of ITC hasnt proved himself until he is under fire.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

As Sandy says 99% of guys in the Army will never experience milling so its a moot point,

No its a point about whether most females could undertake it. Like I said most of my mates consider it as no more than training, plenty were punching faces for free.

Now anyone can be taught aggression

Bring it out maybe, taught I disagree. Then there is nothing special about milling since we all have it in us. Now see what Sandy says.
Last edited by Fusilier on Fri 11 Sep, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

You dont need to do Milling to join the Infantry, if a woman wants to go Para then she would have to accept she will have to do it (An arguement for another day there)

So if we consider that women dont have the aggression to kill, then why accept them in the Army at all??
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

You dont need to do Milling to join the Infantry,
You missed the point, never mind.

So if we consider that women dont have the aggression to kill, then why accept them in the Army at all??

The Infantry is a different disciple. Its about closing with the enemy. A cook learns to fire the SA80, so what.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

3 RRF
Army Colours for Judo.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Fusilier wrote:
You dont need to do Milling to join the Infantry,
You missed the point, never mind.
What was the point????

The Infantry is a different disciple. Its about closing with the enemy. A cook learns to fire the SA80, so what.
So a Chef does not have the aggression of an Infanteer??
confused_bolton_boy

Post by confused_bolton_boy »

MSI64 wrote:Simple really and I know it was said ages ago. If a woman can complete the test, make the grade and do the job then she should be allowed to serve in that job. the only problem we have is to prove the thoery we would have to field test it and we are not prepared if it doesnt quite meet the mark.
Yes, I agree. I wouldn't at all have a problem with women joining the infantry if they met the following standards:

1. Just as strong, fit, tough and fast as a man. Which some women are definitely capable of.

2. Capable of using a multitude of weapons. To complete the same physical, mental and battle training as a man basically.

3. Must have no period (already explained reasons why) and unable to have children. Women can only lose their period if they're either very under weight or very over weight, middle aged (menapause), or pregnant. All of which is a ban from the Army.

Picture the scene. You're resting in under some trees. Private Jane decides to change her stinkin, bloody tampon and wipe her infected fanny. Then you come under fire. You've gotta move now! The lads get their bags on and they're ready to go. Except Private Jane has got her crusty nickers round her ankles and squatting behind a wall. Everybody's waiting for her to finish.

Sergeant: "Get a move on Jane! Now!"
Private Jane: "Hold on! I can't run! I can hardly walk because of my fly-ridden infected tw*t! You'll have to carry me"

Liability?

There's many good reasons why women aren't allowed in the infantry. But they're very good at their job in other areas. Florence Nightingale was one of the greatest people who ever lived. She saved many lives during the Crimean due to her discovering that unsanitary conditions in hospital wards caused more soldiers to die. She cleaned the place up and saved many lives. She also invented the Pie Chart :)

Mmmmmmm pie. I'm hungry, where's that b*tch with my food!?

I'm not sexist, honestly lol. (No, really. I'm not)
daz89

Post by daz89 »

confused_bolton_boy have you had a bad experience with your other half’s privates in the past? seems to me that you have bad memory’s lurking about there :lol:
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Because that scenario is really going to happen, about as likely as a guy being caught out having a Shit when Terry opens fire???

Pregnancy is not a ban from the Army????

Quick question Confused have you been on an Op tour yet??? your ideas seem so off the mark its unreal (Not an insult just a question as you dont seem to have a grasp on how things work)
confused_bolton_boy

MSI64 wrote:Because that scenario is really going to happen, about as likely as a guy being caught out having a Shit when Terry opens fire???

Pregnancy is not a ban from the Army????

Quick question Confused have you been on an Op tour yet??? your ideas seem so off the mark its unreal (Not an insult just a question as you dont seem to have a grasp on how things work)
lolol It could happen! But granted, not likely. Vaginal infection is very likely though if not washed regularly. Just seems like an added complication in an already demanding situation.

If an infantry woman gets pregnant would she still be allowed to serve in battle? Definitely not. I think that's what I was trying to say. It costs around £35,000 to train an infantry soldier, right? And doesn't it take longer to train one? Now, if a woman got pregnant she would have to have nine months off, plus more time spent looking after the baby in it's early life. Wouldn't all that time off mean she would have to re-do her training? Which would cost more money? If she decides to quit the army after having her child it'd be a massive waste. Then again, she could get an abortion but I don't think many women would terminate their child in the name of a career in the Army.

Like I said, if they meet the standard then why not? But in my opinion women just have too many potential complications to be in the infantry. It would be interesting to know how the females cope in the infantry in those other countries you mentioned. And what the regulations are on them joining, if any. Also, how they conducted the testing on how women would cope as an infantry soldier and everything that goes with it.

No, I haven't been on an op tour. But hoping to. So I don't really know what I'm talking about lol. Just thought it's an interesting subject which I have an opinion on.

And yes, I have had a bad experience with that area before... twice! First time was a filthy cow in a tent. Second time was my violent Glasweigan ex who threw glass bottles at me because I said "we're just casual" :o. I wont be making the same mistake a third time. And I wont mention that bloody subject again, promise.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Second time was my violent Glasweigan ex who threw glass bottles at me because I said "we're just casual" . I wont be making the same mistake a third time.

And you say that women dont have the aggression :lol: :lol:

If a woman gets pregnant there is no reason to retrain after being away,
The Army doesnt sack them for getting pregnant anymore.
HRH

Post by HRH »

Blimey Bolotn Boy, you have a strangely gross and inaccurate view of what happens to a woman every month, I can assure you it's not nearly as traumatic or time-consuming as you would think it is!

8)

Interesting hearing all the points of view, but I still think it's a good idea that the infantry is only male, like I said before it'd have no benefit to the army, the only benefit perhaps being to the females themselves.

Toodle pip
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Code: Select all

What was the point???? 

The point was, and its getting to be hard work is that most men who I served with would have thought nothing of milling because of the aggression they already had or could call on. Milling is unique to the Para’s in training but is not something only they can excel in or undertake, simple. Its a point on how different men and woman are on the subject of aggression.

I think of all the woman in the Army I knew who would have been happy to undertake it, turn it on and have been able to hurt their opposite and the answer is very few.

Like I said it they can pass go for it. Its not going to happen in the near future and they will always be in the small minority.

Life for a woman in an Infantry Regiment is going to be very interesting and very dissimilar to life in other parts of the Army.

3 RRF
Army Colours for Judo.
copymenu

Post by copymenu »

kelly696 wrote:I also have another big problem....my boobs lol, they bounce all over the place, ok they are not real but it is so embarrasing when you see people staring.

Thats your fault for getting fake tits. You obviously wanted someone to look at em. Bear in mind you're trying to enter a male dominated work force where alpha male mind sets, competitiveness and controlled aggression* 8)are drilled and encouraged. You're gona cop stares at the very least.
Last edited by copymenu on Fri 11 Sep, 2009 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

where alpha male mind sets, competitiveness and violence are drilled and encouraged.

Alpha male mindset???? how do you drill that? You are trained to work within a Rank structure Alpha male attitude will just have you butting heads with someone bigger and better than you are (Am sure Sandy will agree) and violence is not encouraged in the Army Controlled Aggression is.
Please dont make comments that just show how much you dont know!

Whilst I like staring as much as the next man, You need a little more profesionalism about your working attitude. The Army is already shelling out loads of compensation for people who cant keep a professional working relationship with the opposite sex!
confused_bolton_boy

been doin some brain storming

Maybe they should only let really ugly women in the infantry, eh? That way, men wont get distracted. Plus, ugly women would prbably be butch and be just as tough. I could be one of the selection officers :)

"No you can't join the infantry miss, you've not got hairy shoulders"
"You've got a clitt like a small penis?... You're perfect!"

Utter genius 8)

P.S. Does everyone bum Sandy on this site lol? (no offence Sandy). Seems like everyone always asks for his approval like he's some massiah. Must get abit annoying :o