Share This Page:

July been a terrible month for deaths?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
tom163

July been a terrible month for deaths?

Post by tom163 »

Is it just me or has this month especially been very very bad for deaths?

Round were I live there has been serveral road accidents resulting in deaths and a murder.

My grandad (RTR-Korean War) passed away and also a family friend.

The last 2 WWI and WWII surviving members have both passed away.

Alot of soldiers in Afghan have died this month.....I could go on like this :(

Tom
Plymouth_Patriot

Re: July been a terrible month for deaths?

Post by Plymouth_Patriot »

tom163 wrote:Is it just me or has this month especially been very very bad for deaths?

Round were I live there has been serveral road accidents resulting in deaths and a murder.

My grandad (RTR-Korean War) passed away and also a family friend.

The last 2 WWI and WWII surviving members have both passed away.

Alot of soldiers in Afghan have died this month.....I could go on like this :(

Tom
July - Afghanistan

1013 known civilian deaths
42 US military personnel deaths
22 UK military personnel deaths

Gordon Brown said that the situation in Afghanistan in July is a 'success'. I wonder what choice of words he would use if he were there. Lance Corporal Joe Glenton has my support for refusing to return to Afghanistan and in his own words to be a tool for American foreign policy. His court martial started on Monday.
Last edited by Plymouth_Patriot on Thu 06 Aug, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'What good fortune for governments that the people do not think' - Adolf Hitler
owdun

Post by owdun »

Once service personnel decide who and when they will fight,that will be the day that this country finally dies.The man desrves his Court Martiall ,and if found guilty of refusing to serve on active service,be sentenced to a long prison sentence.
Plymouth_Patriot

owdun wrote:Once service personnel decide who and when they will fight,that will be the day that this country finally dies.The man desrves his Court Martiall ,and if found guilty of refusing to serve on active service,be sentenced to a long prison sentence.
Former SAS trooper Ben Griffin refused to return to Iraq and wasn't court martialed. That was brushed under the carpet. He has had an injunction preventing him from speaking publicly by the High Court of England and Wales.
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

I dont wish to be a morbid sod, But, people do die be they civvy, military or other. The thing is we as people decided to sign up to the armed forces hence putting our own lives at risk, And we do or did it for very good reasons, Three of these reasons being as follows, Hitler , Hussein, Bin laden. All three of these so called men thought they could rule through terror and to be honest it just dont work like that and its up to people like us who decide to join and fight, Because i for one will NOT be scared to lay my life on the line if needs be to achieve the greater goal. And that goal is to live free without fear of going on a bus, train or plane and ending up dead anyway.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS
Plymouth_Patriot

gooner_27 wrote:I dont wish to be a morbid sod, But, people do die be they civvy, military or other. The thing is we as people decided to sign up to the armed forces hence putting our own lives at risk, And we do or did it for very good reasons, Three of these reasons being as follows, Hitler , Hussein, Bin laden. All three of these so called men thought they could rule through terror and to be honest it just dont work like that and its up to people like us who decide to join and fight, Because i for one will NOT be scared to lay my life on the line if needs be to achieve the greater goal. And that goal is to live free without fear of going on a bus, train or plane and ending up dead anyway.
You have my utmost respect for willing to make the most supreme sacrifice. I too would if English soil was invaded but it has not been. The U.S. Department of Justice charged Osama bin Laden for the two African embassy bombings in 98 yet he still hasn't been charged for 9/11. The F.B.I states that there is no evidence that he was responsible. Twice the Pakistani government offered to extradite bin Laden to the U.S.A. That offer was not taken up by the U.S. government. This brutal war was started supposdly because of bin Laden. Incidentally bin Laden stated in his address to the American people in 2004 that 9/11 was carried out in response of the brutal acts of terrorism carried out by Israel and America's 6th fleet against the innocent people of Palestine and Lebanon in the 80's. History repeatedly shows us that acts of terrorism are carried out against nations because of their murderous actions towards other nations in prior history. And what the hell were we doing invading Iraq right at the start of the first wotld war. Ah, thats right because the Germans were switching their navy from coal to oil based engines and were about to build the Berlin to Baghdad railway. We couldn't have the Germans having a superior navy to us could we. Afghanistan is no different. There are massive oil and gas reserves in Turmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. The safest and easiest way to get it out is through Afghanistan. Governments are brutal and there are men in the U.S. administartion & U.K. government that are as evil as Hitler, Hussein and bin Laden
Tab

Post by Tab »

Some said the Last WW11 vet had died on here, well that will be surprise to a lot of people that I know.
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

British soil was invaded by bin ladens lot the day london stood still, Edgeware road, Kings cross ect, ect.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS
Plymouth_Patriot

gooner_27 wrote:British soil was invaded by bin ladens lot the day london stood still, Edgeware road, Kings cross ect, ect.
That was retalliation for our murderous invasion of Iraq based on lies and had nothing to do with Al Qaeda's reign of terror against America, Israel's enforcer. Once again that was all about the oil because Saddam had switched Iraqi oil sales from U.S. dollars to Euro's. Other countries were considering doin the same. The petrodollar is crucial to America's economic survival with its spiralling national debt. This had to be stopped as it would have caused an economic meltdown acroos the entire planet. Immediately after the occupation the oil was switched back to U.S. dollars and as the Euro had a better exchange rate it was bad news for the oil revenue of Iraq that had been impoverished by a decade of economic sanctions. This was not in line with freeing and helping the Iraqi people as we were told after no WMD's were fouund. Hospitals, the most precious resource for the innocent people in war were being demolished and looted in the first few days but major operations were taking place to fortify the oil fileds and the oil ministry. Is it any wonder that muslims in this country are sickened to the point of carrying out mass murder in London. These people do not hate our freedom or Christianity, they hate us because of our governments decisions and if we vote and support these evil people then we, the general public are the ones that pay the heavy price. I have spoken to Michael Meacher who was the Environment Minister in 2003 and discussions only began twenty four hours in parliament before the decision was announced by Tony Blair. There was no serious debate in parliament about the invasion of Iraq which was doomed to be a disaster which it turned out to be with an estimated deathtoll of over one million people. Tony Blair in my opinion deliberately lied about the intelligence of WMD's and as a result is a war criminal and should face the death penalty as did several Germans in the Nuremberg tribunals after the second world war.

Below - Reprinted from the Observer newspaper.

A confidential record of a meeting between President Bush and Tony Blair before the invasion of Iraq, outlining their intention to go to war without a second United Nations resolution, will be an explosive issue for the official inquiry into the UK's role in toppling Saddam Hussein.

Tony Blair and George Bush - The Memo, written on 31 January 2003, almost two months before the invasion and seen by the Observer, confirms that as the two men became increasingly aware UN inspectors would fail to find weapons of mass destruction (WMD) they had to contemplate alternative scenarios that might trigger a second resolution legitimising military action.

Bush told Blair the US had drawn up a provocative plan "to fly U2 reconnaissance aircraft painted in UN colours over Iraq with fighter cover". Bush said that if Saddam fired at the planes this would put the Iraqi leader in breach of UN resolutions.

The president expressed hopes that an Iraqi defector would be "brought out" to give a public presentation on Saddam's WMD or that someone might assassinate the Iraqi leader. However, Bush confirmed even without a second resolution, the US was prepared for military action. The memo said Blair told Bush he was "solidly with the president".

Bush tells Blair war start date -

The five-page document, written by Blair's foreign policy adviser, Sir David Manning, and copied to Sir Jeremy Greenstock, the UK ambassador to the UN, Jonathan Powell, Blair's chief of staff, the chief of the defence staff, Admiral Lord Boyce, and the UK's ambassador to Washington, Sir Christopher Meyer, outlines how Bush told Blair he had decided on a start date for the war.

Paraphrasing Bush's comments at the meeting, Manning, noted: "The start date for the military campaign was now pencilled in for 10 March. This was when the bombing would begin."

An expert on international law who is familar with the memo's contents said it provided vital evidence into the two men's frames of mind as they considered the invasion and its aftermath and must be presented to the Chilcott inquiry established by Gordon Brown to examine the causes, conduct and consequences of the Iraq war.

Philippe Sands, QC, a professor of law at University College London who is expected to give evidence to the inquiry, said confidential material such as the memo was of national importance, making it vital that the inquiry is not held in private, as Brown originally envisioned.

Sands says: "Documents like this raise issues of national embarrassment, not national security. The restoration of public confidence requires this new inquiry to be transparent. Contentious matters should not be kept out of the public domain, even in the run-up to an election."

Diplomacy arranged around military plans -

The memo notes there had been a shift in the two men's thinking on Iraq by late January 2003 and that preparing for war was now their priority. "Our diplomatic strategy had to be arranged around the military planning," Manning writes. This was despite the fact Blair that had yet to receive advice on the legality of the war from the Attorney General, Lord Goldsmith, which did not arrive until 7 March 2003 - 13 days before the bombing campaign started.

Sands says the memo raises questions about the selection of the chair of the inquiry. Sir John Chilcott sat on the 2004 Butler inquiry, which examined the reliability of intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war, and would have been privy to the document's contents - and the doubts about WMD running to the highest levels of the US and UK governments.

Many senior legal experts have expressed dismay that Chilcott has been selected to chair the inquiry as he is considered to be close to the security services after his time spent as a civil servant in Northern Ireland.

Brown had believed that allowing the Chilcott inquiry to hold private hearings would allow witnesses to be candid. But after bereaved families and antiwar campaigners expressed outrage, the prime minister wrote to Chilcott to say that if the panel can show witnesses and national security issues will not be compromised by public hearings, he will change his stance.

Lord Guthrie, a former chief of the defence staff under Blair, described the memo as "quite shocking". He said that it underscored why the Chilcott inquiry must be seen to be a robust investigation: "It's important that the inquiry is not a whitewash as these inquiries often are."
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

I'm sure the people and the families of whom Saddam Hussein shot, gassed and tourtured were quite happy that we invaded Iraq on both occasions! The man was a tyrant and whatever has been said, found or not found, this man did have access to WMD!

Osama bin Laden is just a figure head of the Taliban in my view, a name to a group. However it has been said and wrote about many times that people in Afganistan are happy we are there as long as we rid them of the Taliban, and make Afganistan secure.

The two 'people' in question are nothing but cowards in my view. Hussein was found shitting himself in some hole and Bin Laden hasn't got the balls to fight and sends videos from some shit hole in the mountains!

I really don't see how what has gone in the past, Iraq-Iran, the CIA helping this counrty or that country. The fu*kers flew a plane into a building full of people, people working, people who had families and friends. Then others attacked OUR country, OUR capital, OUR friends and family.

I am happy to 'volunteer' (no gun to my head) to join the Army, and suprise suprise, have to go to a warzone, and make sure people just can't get away with things like that!

Simples!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
HRH

Post by HRH »

I'm with gpw2009
BARB - 78
ADSC - Passed
Job - Combat Medic
ATR Pirbright - 15.03.10
Plymouth_Patriot

If this was about the removal of a tyrant who Saddam Hussein clearly was then why did we wait so long to remove him. Don't forget we have politically and economically supported many tyrants around the world with a far worse human rights record than Hussein had. He ruled with an iron fist, he had to. As soon as the war started I postulated that the sunnis and the shia's would be at each others throats and that is exactly what happened leading to such a high death toll. This was never about the end of Saddam's tyranny. I will not be surprised if full blown civil war breaks out in Iraq in the future despite the fact that the U.S. has built 16 permanent military bases on Iraqi soil. Incidentally that is true tyranny and reading the document 'Rebuilding America's Defences' written by Cheney, Wolfowitz, Libby etc. is quit frankly one of the most dusturbing things I have ever read. We alongside The U.S. are the true axis of evil.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

The Pakistani offer to turn Bin Laden over was turned down by Clinton,a very weak and anti military president.You can read into what the US did in response to 9/11 what you will and Observerise it as much as you want.It doe's not alter the fact that the United States could have reacted much more violently than we did.
Plymouth_Patriot

gpw2009 wrote:I'm sure the people and the families of whom Saddam Hussein shot, gassed and tourtured were quite happy that we invaded Iraq on both occasions! The man was a tyrant and whatever has been said, found or not found, this man did have access to WMD!

Osama bin Laden is just a figure head of the Taliban in my view, a name to a group. However it has been said and wrote about many times that people in Afganistan are happy we are there as long as we rid them of the Taliban, and make Afganistan secure.

The two 'people' in question are nothing but cowards in my view. Hussein was found shitting himself in some hole and Bin Laden hasn't got the balls to fight and sends videos from some shit hole in the mountains!

I really don't see how what has gone in the past, Iraq-Iran, the CIA helping this counrty or that country. The fu*kers flew a plane into a building full of people, people working, people who had families and friends. Then others attacked OUR country, OUR capital, OUR friends and family.

I am happy to 'volunteer' (no gun to my head) to join the Army, and suprise suprise, have to go to a warzone, and make sure people just can't get away with things like that!

Simples!
Below is what Afghanistan MP Malalai Joya has to say about her country and the people of Afganistan are DEFINATELY NOT HAPPY. When Osama saw tower blocks of flats demolished to the ground in Lebanon by U.S. armaments he said that one day America would taste their own poison. Lebanon cannot declare war on the U.S., a nation that spends more on its military than any othe nation on the planet. Instead these people have to resort to terorism to avenge the murder of their women and children. It saddens me that very few people are reseaching the root causes of the terrible state of the world today. If another country invaded England I would line up to kill and be killed but that hasn't happened. I wonder how many of you know that Norman Mineta, Secretary of Transport, testified at the 9/11 commission hearings that he witnessed the Vice President Richard Cheney give a stand down order three times not to shoot down the hi-jacked plane clearly heading towards the Pentagon. That scum wanted as much death on that day on U.S. soil to enrage the American public to invade Afghanistan.

Malalai Joya -

In 2005, I was the youngest person elected to the new Afghan parliament. Women like me, running for office, were held up as an example of how the war in Afghanistan had liberated women. But this democracy was a facade, and the so-called liberation a big lie.

On behalf of the long-suffering people of my country, I offer my heartfelt condolences to all in the UK who have lost their loved ones on the soil of Afghanistan. We share the grief of the mothers, fathers, wives, sons and daughters of the fallen. It is my view that these British casualties, like the many thousands of Afghan civilian dead, are victims of the unjust policies that the Nato countries have pursued under the leadership of the US government.

Almost eight years after the Taliban regime was toppled, our hopes for a truly democratic and independent Afghanistan have been betrayed by the continued domination of fundamentalists and by a brutal occupation that ultimately serves only American strategic interests in the region.

You must understand that the government headed by Hamid Karzai is full of warlords and extremists who are brothers in creed of the Taliban. Many of these men committed terrible crimes against the Afghan people during the civil war of the 1990s.

For expressing my views I have been expelled from my seat in parliament, and I have survived numerous assassination attempts. The fact that I was kicked out of office while brutal warlords enjoyed immunity from prosecution for their crimes should tell you all you need to know about the "democracy" backed by Nato troops.

In the constitution it forbids those guilty of war crimes from running for high office. Yet Karzai has named two notorious warlords, Fahim and Khalili, as his running mates for the upcoming presidential election. Under the shadow of warlordism, corruption and occupation, this vote will have no legitimacy, and once again it seems the real choice will be made behind closed doors in the White House. As we say in Afghanistan, "the same donkey with a new saddle".
Obama pursues Bush's policy

So far, Obama has pursued the same policy as Bush in Afghanistan. Sending more troops and expanding the war into Pakistan will only add fuel to the fire. Like many other Afghans, I risked my life during the dark years of Taliban rule to teach at underground schools for girls. Today the situation of women is as bad as ever. Victims of abuse and rape find no justice because the judiciary is dominated by fundamentalists. A growing number of women, seeing no way out of the suffering in their lives, have taken to suicide by self-immolation.

This week, US vice-president Joe Biden asserted that "more loss of life [is] inevitable" in Afghanistan, and that the ongoing occupation is in the "national interests" of both the US and the UK.

I have a different message to the people of Britain. I don't believe it is in your interests to see more young people sent off to war, and to have more of your taxpayers' money going to fund an occupation that keeps a gang of corrupt warlords and drug lords in power in Kabul.

What's more, I don't believe it is inevitable that this bloodshed continues forever. Some say that if foreign troops leave Afghanistan will descend into civil war. But what about the civil war and catastrophe of today? The longer this occupation continues, the worse the civil war will be.

The Afghan people want peace, and history teaches that we always reject occupation and foreign domination. We want a helping hand through international solidarity, but we know that values like human rights must be fought for and won by Afghans themselves.

I know there are millions of British people who want to see an end to this conflict as soon as possible. Together we can raise our voice for peace and justice.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If the Afghan people want peace then why did they allow their country to become a training camp for terrorist to attack the west. You can't expect the west just to sit there and take all these bombs and do nothing about. Now if Islam is looking for a Holy War then it is going the right way about it.