Share This Page:

Nutrition

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

Stokey_14 wrote:
adambatley wrote:Your body can only process 30g of protein every 3 hours, the rest will go to waste.
And this is the same for everyone, no matter what there hormone levels, size etc?

Everybody is different, numbers can be thrown about... I’ve herd up to 50G a hour but the fact is it's going to be different for everyone 1-2 G per Lb of body weight spared over six meals is often seen as the norm... if you aren’t gaining or putting fat on change it accordingly.

Not arguing mate, just how I see it.

Stokey
Dunno if it's the same for everyone or not it's just what I was told by my dad who is a former bodybuilder. I use protein shakes out of convenience as they are easy to make and consume.

The main need for myself to use protein is that as a professional thai-boxer i need to maintain a low body weight and body fat level without losing muscle and strength. I keep my protein intake up throughout hard training so the bodyfat stays low and the muscle stays on.

However, I wont be fighting again before basic training so i have re-assesed my diet and training needs to be more suited for what lies ahead.
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Basic Skills Test - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
ofens

Post by ofens »

Thanks for the input guys 8)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

your body weight will probably reduce whilst in recruit training as you become more and more of a racing snake and thats even after troffin yourself stupid with all that stodgy food in the scoff house.... god i could eat custard and chocolate cake for england mm mmmm guuuurrrd....
'Every man an Emperor'
adambatley

Post by adambatley »

racing snake??
Application - Done.
BARB Test - Passed.
Basic Skills Test - Passed.
Written Medical - Cleared.
Interview - ??
ADSC - ??
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Stokey_14 wrote:I know where you are coming from and as I say I am speaking as an athlete at the moment not a recruit (things will change when I come to solely training for that)

Supplements for me are a little bonus that’s it... hard work, good diet and rest make up the rest.
See what your saying mate, different training, different needs :D

A 'Racing snake' adambatley is someone who is lean and runs fast for a long time, but normally suffers when tabbing! (to start with) :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

for 'lean' replace with 'lat'... put a bit of weight on them on a tab and hey ho.... :roll:
'Every man an Emperor'