Share This Page:

Barb Test

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Wike

Barb Test

Post by Wike »

Hi guys, got my BARB test on 19th febuary (Thursday) and I'm shitting it. You guys got any tips/advice for me?
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

nothing to worry about mate really, its basically questions like:
bill is shorter than tom
who is taller?
really nothing you should be worrying about its easy basically its more about how fast you can answer the questions, you whould of recieved the barb book just read through that you will be fine.
BARB - Passed
Basic Skills - Complete
Reg Choice - The Duke Of Lancaster's
Role - Infantry
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Just chill out and read the questions carefully, they get a bit repetative with the bills and bobs and stuff.

Read the booklet and you will be fine! :D
insushin

Post by insushin »

The Barb test is really simple, dont be nervous, i definitely was on the day but as you start the test you realise how straightforward it is.
Like was mentioned you do exactly what is in the Barb test booklet, work through the test as fast as you can, but also as accurate as you can, dont rush it.
If you understood the examples in the test booklet you'll do absolutely fine :D
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

relax and go with it

remember its just to test your train ability you will be fine. Speed as well as accuracy is needed mate

Good luck
Wike

Post by Wike »

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll let you know how I do on thursday. Do the english and maths exams you have to do count for anything ??
insushin

Post by insushin »

The english and math exams are separate from the Barb test, you might do them on the same day as i did, but only the Barb test counts towards what jobs are available to you. Again the english and math tests arent too hard, GSCE level stuff, its just to make sure you can read and spell, and know basic numeracy.