Share This Page:

Circuit training ?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Richard

Circuit training ?

Post by Richard »

I dont want to sound dumb i no what exercise does what, i just want to see what exercises you guys are doing, im going to make a new programme with some of the stuff your doing..
I havent done circuit training for about 3 months now, when i did i was doing 9-12 exercises in 3 sets.

Thx, Rick
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

hi mate,

i just tend to stick with the basics ie; pressups, situps, pullups, squats, lunges, stepups as these are the main things needed in depot as im sure your aware; other good excersises such as dips, dorsal raises, crunches, body weight rows, calf raises and leg raises are all good to further increase your strength; then of course the good old plyometric stuff like burpees, tuck jumps, box jumps and squat thusts are always good to get everything going. to mix it up a little include weights in some excersises where appropriote ie; dumbell squats, medicine ball situps etc. i find you get stronger when you do two excersises at a time for 4 sets so: 20pressups then 20 situps repeated 4 times then something else, id also recommend a run or sprint in between sets from 200 to 400 metres. doing one particular excersise once in a circuit isnt neccesarilly the best way to train unless your concentrating on heartrate training. my favourite circuit tends to look like this:

5 min run to park,
400 metre dash,
20 pressups,
1min of squats moderate pace (i usually get around 40),
repeated 4 tmes,
400 metre dash,
20-30 situps (i alternate with normal and twisty situps),
1 min if lunges (i normally get about 16 each leg),
reapeat 4 times,
400 metre dash,
12 pullups,
1 min squats,
repeat 4 times,
400 metre dash,
10-12 burpees (done proparly with the pressup then jump),
1 min lunges,
repeat 4 times,
400 metre dash,
5 min cool off run home, stretch off,
FINISH!

my legs and shoulders always ache the day after this one! remember form and technique is crucial no shortcuts, there wont be any at depot or selection.
hope this helps mate, blimey it took ages to type this!! :D