Share This Page:

ICT Catterick /Bullies/Deaths nasties.

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
jstagg

ICT Catterick /Bullies/Deaths nasties.

Post by jstagg »

Yes theirs been a Documentary about this subject but it didn't really end on a
''It's not happening no more'' way, My fiend of about 13years joined the rifles back in 06 (i think) and he came back with allegations of being bullied it some way or form, now don't mediately think ''He just couldn't take the beastings'' because i can vouch for him and say he could, he could take days of it.

He's resolved the issue now but i want to ask any one who's been there what the real deal is?

Do recruits use ''Being bullied'' allot if they can't take a beasting of witch they no doubt deserve?

Has their been any cases recently on this subject?

Don't worry (bet you're not anyway) I'm not worried about doing my time at Catterick, I'm just interested, the bbc said they would follow up the documentary but never did.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
adamb

Post by adamb »

Not sure what its like but the person who took my oath said to me OVER and over again that if i feel like im being bullied in anyway way, you have to tell someone. He kept repeating it and really going into it so there may have been some bullying in the past?

Is the documentary your on about, undercover soldier? If not then that must of been the follow up.
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

There was two i think, Deep cut and under cover soldier. pretty sure the chap who was in a rush to get out because if he didn't he'd have to stay in four years said their would be another.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

I will tell you a story 100% true and witnessed by me. Had a section commander from the Royal Anglians not a bad bloke but he liked to slap, punch and kick the odd recruit, saw him once throw darts at a lad.

Now in my platoon in another section I saw the results of a lad who had had an iron put on he’s chest. I kid you not. In fact you could see the V shape and round steam holes. Credit or maybe not the lad said nothing and the corporal was still there at the end of training. I am sure things have improved mountains since then.The corporal of course should have been ashamed of himself and RTU, it not more.

Remember in Berlin one night a big banging on the door. My room mate who was an old sweat opens the door to a lad with a hammer in he’s hand who says, "give me the red arse Jaffa." " Piss off and leave him alone." he replied. :cry:

I am sure it still happens today but the mechanisms to deal with it are far better and the occasions less often.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
fassam7

Post by fassam7 »

im goin catterick in april but my cousin is in pirbright an he seen pictures from people who transferrd to pirbright because of catterick an there were people with broomstick handles shoved up there arses! so all im sayin is be prepared for anythn.lol
tobyj

Post by tobyj »

This is the only thing that worrys me about going to Catterick, but it will be after Winchester.
BARB Test: Passed
Basic Skills: Passed
Written Medical: Passed
Interviews: Passed
ADSC: - Passed
Intake - 1st March
Choosen Regiment - The Coldstream Guards
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

fassam7 wrote:im goin catterick in april but my cousin is in pirbright an he seen pictures from people who transferrd to pirbright because of catterick an there were people with broomstick handles shoved up there arses! so all im sayin is be prepared for anythn.lol

Pictures or it didn't happen, i know Catterick is known for mostly the assault side of bullieing but sexual abuse is once in a farking long time
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.