Share This Page:

Infantry - Royal Anglian; The Poachers

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
mozza

Post by mozza »

AdamB wrote:Anybody still going through selection? Lol; how did you guys find your ADSC & Lichfield itself?

yeah was ok pretty standard really you expect most of it! i'd say the medical was the most nerve racking but after that's up just enjoy it. I went to Litchfeild for my ADSC which was cool, good bunch of lads i was with! just give you're all and ull be fine lads!
adamb

Post by adamb »

Lol why was the medical the most nerve racking? Are they really thorough?
mozza

Post by mozza »

because if they fail you on that then thats it good night veaina, i was scared they would defer me or somthing! but all clear :lol: :lol: :lol: woop woop!
shawlee

Post by shawlee »

drink loads of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
adamb

Post by adamb »

Lol, I've been through a marine medical and came out fine the only problem was i don't weigh a lot only 60kg and for the marines that was a problem apparently but everything else was fine. On the ADSC video i watched the doc said that they find alot of people with heart murmurs, could my local doctor check for them?
shawlee

Post by shawlee »

dont have a clue about that mate, i think its to do with sugar so dont eat sweets or drink fizzy drinks, WATER!! lol
tommy237

New , ADSC

Post by tommy237 »

Few months behind some of you boys. Got my ADSC on the 12th November. Anyone there for that date? If i pass that then my Basic training should start January time... Good Luck, any advice would be cool. Tom
adamb

Post by adamb »

tommy your about the same stage as me i might be on 12th november ADSC.. you taking it in lichfield right?
tommy237

Post by tommy237 »

No, Pirbright in Surrey.... They must split the North and South of England into 2 then.. Will keep in touch though , because i would imagine if all goes well , we will be doing Basic together.. I'll send you a message after the 12th and if we are doing Basic at the same time, maybe catch up for a beer or something?? Cheers Tom
adamb

Post by adamb »

Yeah i think theres 3 selection centres throughout england & scotland. Yeah may well be doing basic together, what you thinking of picking for phase 2 any ideas yet? Im only 17 mate lol otherwise would of, are you off to a visit to pirbright on i think the 6th november?
jstagg

Infantry

Post by jstagg »

Hey all bare with my typing i just got a new keyboard so typos will be happening.

Just joined the forum as you can see, going for my interview today to get my date for ADSC, witch im told will be in january so more days at my crappy job but hey! lol, any one els going in on the january intake? if so crack me up with an Email or somthing!
adamb

Post by adamb »

What centre will you be going to? If your going to get your date today i think it will be sooner than January, i had my interview last week and i got my Selection November 6th, if they ask you do you need any notice just say no you should get one asap. Let us know if you get November 6th.
tommy237

Post by tommy237 »

so, what date did you get Jstagg?
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

i'll be at lichfield, and my SGT seems to think i will be going in the intake of 25th of january, but my ADSC is on the 6th of october! can't wait!

Please call me Josh, so what are you're reasons for joining the army? im off to join the infantry because the lack of order ect in my current job and realy the lack of fun! i can't stand civilian life with the 9-5 jobs, it's realy dull!! tho it has it's perks, the army will come with more!

the only thing that amkes me doubt a career is not seeing my long term girlfried enough, any of you had that problem befor?
adamb

Post by adamb »

You got the 6th november ADSC at lichfield Josh(jstagg)?