Share This Page:

The 'Paras 10'

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

wot do you mean p coy challenge?? do you mean just the ten miler? cos its a long way off the full p coy

WorTony wrote:
Airborne Legend wrote:As for the miles being marked, I did it for real mate ;) and they were very much NOT marked so I can't really help.
When did you do this? What other stuff do you need to do to make it as a para (not that I intend doing anymore than the P Coy Challenge ;->)
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

On this years race i am the "pace setter" for anyone wanting too do the 10 miler in 1:50

This year the route is slightly different to last year, along with big nod now you have to do a little trip up "pussy" hill :evil:
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
WorTony

Post by WorTony »

[quote="sky ninja steve"]wot do you mean p coy challenge?? do you mean just the ten miler? cos its a long way off the full p coy

I mean the 10 miler with bergan and boots "The P Coy Challenge" http://www.paras10.com/pcoychallenge.php. I'm not looking to join the paras (far too old) but I'm hoping to get round and raise money for Help for Heroes http://www.justgiving.com/anthonypounder
Last edited by WorTony on Thu 03 Sep, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorTony

Post by WorTony »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:On this years race i am the "pace setter" for anyone wanting too do the 10 miler in 1:50
Can anyone run along with you? I'd be more than happy to get in @ 1:49:59.....
SandyTheGuvnor wrote:This year the route is slightly different to last year, along with big nod now you have to do a little trip up "pussy" hill :evil:
I'm trying to find out more about the hills, any links to good map of the course (with climbs)?
sky ninja steve

Post by sky ninja steve »

sandy can the blokes just turn up or do we have to pay the enrty fee aswell??
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

sky ninja steve wrote:sandy can the blokes just turn up or do we have to pay the enrty fee aswell??
you have too pay as well
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

I tabbed the new paras10 route yesterday and it is an absolute beast.
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

That makes me feel great...... :lol:

Albeit currently all flu'd up I'm running it also. Like WorTony I'm also trying to raise extra money for Help for Heroes, along with some friends.

www.justgiving.com/brian-sheeran

I won't be clocking any fast times, as I'm built for comfort and not running...... But it's going to be a great day.
WorTony

Post by WorTony »

SandyTheGuvnor wrote:I tabbed the new paras10 route yesterday and it is an absolute beast.
Do tell more - with only 9 days to go I'm all ears. I was a bit worried when I saw the newish route map @ http://www.paras10.com/files/routemap.pdf where it mentions 5 hills and "waist height water" :-(

Are you still on for pace setting 1:50?
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

Out of interest, what make of boots are people wearing for this event? I've been trying to think of something original to do for H4H and think this could be it.........next year though. Obviously footwear is very important so any suggestions would be helpfull.

Good luck to the rest of you taking part in this years event.
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
Evil_Calvin

Paras 10

Post by Evil_Calvin »

Sandy,

Which of the other hills is Pussy Hill like? Is it short and steep like Land of Nod or is it a long one like Lick Out Hill?

Am I right that most of the course is the same as last year, with a section cut out between mile 1 & 3 and a new secion after Land of Nod?

Cheers,

E_C
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

this year you do not go round rabbit wood thats at the 2 mile point, after land of nod you go through 3 water features then up pussy hill (short and steep) then back in top track
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
Evil_Calvin

Paras 10

Post by Evil_Calvin »

Cheers Sandy,

2 steep hills at the end and water features (Have you had Charlie Dimmock round?) - I see what you mean by "absolute beast".

I will be there again this year (when will I ever learn!!).

E_C
Last edited by Evil_Calvin on Fri 04 Sep, 2009 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedro

race pack

Post by pedro »

I'm entered for the race and am on the entrant list.. however I haven't received the "pack" yet (running chip, number etc.) Is this normal?
I have emailed the question to the organisers, however I have received no reply. Is there a number i could call?
Many thanks.
Evil_Calvin

Paras 10

Post by Evil_Calvin »

Pedro,

I had the same issue and had no response from the organisers, however I have just received an e-mail tonight confirming my number and that the other stuff is "in the post", so I suspect you will be the same.

E_C