Share This Page:

The Sixteen by John Urwin

Recommended Books you have read or great films you have watched.
kev401

Post by kev401 »

Mothers advice shouldn't be ignored but when you say :-
Seems to say,no proof will be given so beleive us
I'm just letting you know that proof exists.
Sometimes you gotta take some risks! I would assume that you have met soldiers who have been on active service and have faced an enemy. Do you also class these men as 'killers' ?
Kev
I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish that man would go away
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

gone
Last edited by Dave.Mil on Fri 02 Dec, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mince

Post by Mince »

I think he meant killers as in the lunatics who drag you off in their transit van, bugger you for a few days, sacrifice you to a sheep's head or something, then set your torso afloat in the local body of water.
Folk who claim these things about secret organisations are usually madmen, fraudsters or kids. Your sig, in particular, comes across as something a teenager would use. From 'Identity', isn't it?
kev401

Post by kev401 »

Wow, from just trying to offer a bit of proof to commando I am now linked to a group of sodomite sheep worshiping hit men. This book is controversial but not as much as that! You point out that its easy to make claims about spec ops units I agree. Consider this, the book is out and has held its own without any form of advertising. It goes soft back later this year and in some countries has been quite a high selling book. John has set up his own web site and has been interviewed on radio and for the newspapers. Why if its all bull**** would anyone put themselves up in such away that could lead to their exposure? It is of no importance to me or John if you beleive it or not but posts even from guy's like you on these forums keeps the debate going. I'll ignore to sig comment.

Kev
I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish that man would go away
scotty

Post by scotty »

It says on his website that he's bringing out another book, do you know when hes going to do this?
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

I've just wasted 5 minutres of my life reading through this thread.
What a load of bollocks!!
Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.
got1

Post by got1 »

[quote="sneaky beaky"]I've just wasted 5 minutres of my life reading through this thread.
What a load of bollocks!!
Sneaky[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D
peternoack

The Sixteen

Post by peternoack »

Hi,

My name is Peter Noack, I am lucky enough to be able to say that I am a student of John Urwins.

Like many, I learned about John Urwin and "The Machine" when I read his book "The Sixteen". And again like many, when I read the book I thought "This is just too good to be true" and "Nobody, can really do those things, can they?".

But, rather than just dismiss John and his book outright, I decided to research a little further and see for myself whether he was the "real deal" or not. I mean what if there was the slightest chance that he was telling the truth about "The Sixteen" and his skills. Wouldn't it be worth the effort to seek him out if he was as good as the book said. I thought that it was worth the effort to find out.

I contacted the UCS (Urwin Combat System) and asked if I could find out some more. After a background check, I was invited over to attend a seminar (I live in Ireland, but I would have travelled to Australia because I was so curious).

At the seminar I was introduced to John Urwin and I also met Kevin Fitzpatrick and Mark Jones (Johns top instructors and true gentlemen) Kevin and Mark gave me a little more info about "The Machine" and within the space of a minute rocked the very foundation of my perception of the Martial Arts.

I was shown a System which I believe the be the best in the world. Whatever doubts and misgivings I may have initially had totally disappeared.

The professionalism in which the course was carried out and the skills shown by John and his instructors made me wish that I had known about "The Machine" years ago.

I must say that I have had experience in many systems from Judo to Karate to Silat to Boxing etc. but when I compared them to what John was teaching I was quite frankly embarassed about my perception of what I had considered a martial art really was.

I have attended every seminar that John has given since my first course and will continue to do so. I feel very fortunate to have found such a complete, powerful and effective system.

I would encourage anyone, with any shred of curiosity about "The Sixteen" or anyone that feels that there is more to the Martial Arts but they don't know what it is, to take a chance and contact the UCS. You will never look back and it will change your life, I know it has mine.

Cheers everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this post. I didn't mean it to be so long. :D

Peter
geordie251

The sixteen

Post by geordie251 »

I am also a member of the UCS and have trained in this system.
A lot of people have been on different forums posting abuse about something they know nothing about.The Urwin Combat System is the
best bar none.Think about this for a minute the British empire was the
most successful in the world and the British are responsible for most of
useful inventions that exist today.Do you not think that we could not come up with something better than walking round in pyjamas and throwing
stars ?
khudson2008

Post by khudson2008 »

I'm Also A Member of UCS!

And like you guys i was in two minds when i read his book, Was it real? or is it all fake?

Well I decided like Peter to go look into it more and so I got in touch with John and went to see him.

Within the first hour of meeting him I could tell that this group did really exist and when I begun learning "The Urwin Machine" it blew my mind, and I'm loving it:)

I recommend anyone who doubts try and get in touch and meet the man he is the living proof it exists!!!
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Sneaky, my thoughts exactly. So SF and RM wouldn't be required if "The Sixteen" were still with us then? What a load of codswallop.

By the way, any martial arts are irrelevant as soon as your enemy puts a round in you. I'm sure certain sneaky beaky types have some uses for unarmed combat, but you are up shit creek if you ever have to use them. People are killed and battles won by firepower, not Karate chops.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

GR,
People are killed and battles won by firepower, not Karate chops.
You have obviously never watched 'The Water Margin'!!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

So kev is a 'co-ordinator' with an interest in 'combat' :roll:

And does this thread hold the record for one-off posts in support of the originator?

From people who are:

1. A staff officer with an interest in self protection :oops:
Mind you no one could argue with the need to use condoms :roll:
2. A teacher with an interest in SF U/C and Intelligence :-?
3 An employee :-? :(

Good Grief :x

Mind you, I'm rather worried about kev's skills in manipulating IT. After all his posts have remained a 9 irrespective of how many he/she makes.
Should I be afraid?
bigT

Post by bigT »

I went to the John Urwin Machine combat weekend because i was curious to see the system in action. I must stress that I have an interest in unarmed combat methods and as for my background, I was a fairly successful amateur Boxer. So I went in with an open mind and met John Urwin....What i found was an exceptionally fit and conditioned 70 year old!!who looked to be in his mid-fifties. I was quickly initiated into his system,which was just one of many painful visits to the floor that I had over the course of the weekend!! I have observed many Martial arts over the years and also participated in a bouncers defence course, but have to say that what I saw totally blew me away!!!suffice to say that I can't say too much about the methods used because I would need a lot more time than I currently have, but I will say for those people on this site who have taken potshots at John and his system put your money where you're mouth is and try it out before you attack the man and his methods!! Furthermore having listened to John's recollections of his exploits in the Sixteen,coupled with what i saw the man do on the day, I have no problems believing the story!!!
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

This is a quote from one of the descriptions of the book:
In 1957, the author was secretly observed during his National Service basic training and was specifically targeted and selected whilst stationed in the Middle East to become 'Geordie', one of an elite, covert group known only to one another as 'The Sixteen'.
Now, consider this, why would someone looking to set up a top secret unit which would be operating unsupported deep within hostile countries, who would have to leave no trace whatsoever of their action, decide to recruit a 18yo National Serviceman (so therefore would only be in the army for 18monts/2yrs) with just a few weeks basic training under his belt when they could have their pick of the most battle hardened and experienced soldiers from an Armed Forces numbering around 1million men?

Also, "The Sixteen" is not a name likely to be used for a secret unit in the real world, it's far to Hollywood.

As for the guys fighting system, it may be good but unless he can teach people how to catch bullets or dodge them like in the matrix it's hardly relevant to military operations.