Share This Page:

Difference betwen SAS and SBS

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
neil1955

Post by neil1955 »

Muppet
If you are not sure of something dont profess to know,who told you about being a cpl before you could apply its bollocks whoever gave you your information is talking through thier arse.
Books are not allways what they profess to be, take the load of shite written by a former royal who claimed to have been SBS to you and other impressionable know nothings it would seem he knew what he was talking about, to anyone who has done a bit its a joke.
40 ---50% who told you that? YOU havent even started training yet and you think you know the make up of UK SF this does not bode well for a life in the RMs,little tip from an old soldier(not a confused sailor RM)ex3 Para ex SAS** WIND YOUR NECK IN** keep shtum do what you are asked to the best of your ability and you will do ok,When you have your Green lid then tell people what you know because by then you might.....
Most but not all SBS (sorry sneaky couldent resist)are RMs thats because untill fairly recently only RMs could apply now SF selection is open to all three services and if you pass and not many do you can choose thats why there are a few RMs in the SAS and even fewer pongos in the SBS,if any one group is better represented in SAS than any other it is probably airborne forces ie 16 Air Assult if you dont like that hard shit its FACT
:evil:
The Brecon Becons still stand Pen-y Fan is still a pain it makes no differance jnr, snr, selection, it stays with you ............
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Besides people talking complete tosh about something they have no authority on, where has the mutual respect gone?

There's too many naive comment's by young users.
keep shtum do what you are asked to the best of your ability and you will do ok,When you have your Green lid then tell people what you know because by then you might.....
Sound words Neil.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
neil1955

Re: joining

Post by neil1955 »

Sticky Blue wrote:
Mulligan wrote:Nobody can join the SBS or SAS unless they achieve the rank of corporal.
Please do not speak on a subject you have no knowledge on. I know a few Marines and Squaddies who would argue your incorrect statement. If you don't know please don't make up your own version.
It would seem that even Sticky,s BULL S**T meter failed to impress young Mulligan PM d me to say he would not be winding his neck in anytime soon as his info come from a serving RM RSM and two CPLs he spoke to in Lympstone
NURSE PILLS PLEASE :lol: :lol:
The Brecon Becons still stand Pen-y Fan is still a pain it makes no differance jnr, snr, selection, it stays with you ............
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

The attitude of some of these lads makes me giggle. They seem to think becasue they have talked to one person that said information is gospel.

Don't waste your time Neil, there are other people around who could use the advice of someone like yourself who has the T-shirt and scars to prove it.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Mulligan

Post by Mulligan »

first of all, i didnt say it was gospel!! i was only passing on information that i got from the people who i thought it mattered to a kid who was looking for abit of information, i tried to help him with the info i got, which according to you is wrong...fair enough. I don't profess to know it all cuz i don't. post deleted, every1 happy
neil1955

RM PARA's

Post by neil1955 »

Just checked my facts Parachute Regiment supplies 58% of all serving personel in British SF. SAS See Parachute Regiment home page.
Last edited by neil1955 on Mon 14 Aug, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Mulligan wrote:first of all, i didnt say it was gospel!! i was only passing on information that i got from the people who i thought it mattered to a kid who was looking for abit of information, i tried to help him with the info i got, which according to you is wrong...fair enough. I don't profess to know it all cuz i don't. post deleted, every1 happy

NO TEXT SPEAK
:evil:
Mulligan

Post by Mulligan »

well, he wasn't too far off when he told me 40% to 50% are RM, although I can see why he could have been trying to blow wind up my arse seen as though I was joining his crowd.
M3LIX

Post by M3LIX »

OK. What do you know about the SAS? Lots.

What do you know about the SBS? Not much.

My personal opinion is that the SBS are better than the SAS, far more secretive etc.
Pressups: 51
Situps: 74
Pullups: 11
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

My personal opinion is that the SBS are better than the SAS, far more secretive etc.
Well thanks for that inciteful comment... Based on what? Its the sort of tripe that gets posted here and starts another argument.