Share This Page:

TA Mobilization

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
mitch_boxing

TA Mobilization

Post by mitch_boxing »

Hi,

How easy is it to get deferred from being mobilized by the TA? I would like to be mobilized but I dont want to because of my fulltime education commitments. Is there anyway that they could mobilize me without my choice.

Thanks,

Mitch
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Your in the TA and you do not know the in's and out's of mobilisation?

:-?
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
Bitty

Post by Bitty »

I dont think he is in the TA because I thought if your in Full time education you would know you are exempt from mobilization
Sonne

Re: TA Mobilization

Post by Sonne »

mitch_boxing wrote:Hi,

How easy is it to get deferred from being mobilized by the TA? I would like to be mobilized but I dont want to because of my fulltime education commitments. Is there anyway that they could mobilize me without my choice.

Thanks,

Mitch
Following my chat with a TA corporal at my initial interview i was told as a student i would be exempt from compulsary mobilisation. I was told deployments with the TA are approximately 10 months during which time they pay your employers or university to keep your position open should you choose to go.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

Cheers Sonne, very helpful advice. I need to ask them this wednesday coming just to make sure.

Thanks,

Mitch
morky

Re: TA Mobilization

Post by morky »

Sonne wrote:
mitch_boxing wrote:Hi,

Thanks,

Mitch
Following my chat with a TA corporal at my initial interview i was told as a student i would be exempt from compulsary mobilisation. I was told deployments with the TA are approximately 10 months during which time they pay your employers or university to keep your position open should you choose to go.

Sonne
does the 10 month period consist of pre deployment training, a 6 month tour and other actual 'at work' periods, or is any leave included?

im just asking because im greedy and id like to get paid twice if i can.
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Not to sure, the only thing he said about it is that phys is stepped up massively to get you used to desert conditions.

I was thinking about that also ;)

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

At the moment all mobilizations are volunteers only.Either the unit is going out as a formed group or regular units ask for volunteers. If you
don't want to go don't have to .This could change though.
Rompton

Post by Rompton »

But surley if you were mobilized, you could not just go, you cant be put in jail for it? although i thought thats why people joined TA to go war etc...
if it were me id just say no if i didnt want to go, whats the worst they can do?
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

If you are compulsory mobilized and fail to report you can be jailed though at the moment all mobilizations are voluntarily.Students are exempt who needs a soldier that wont get up before lunchtime anyway :lol:
Maybe an overhill stab but not ready to hang
my kit in yet .If not quite death from the flanks
certainly a nasty fright.:)
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

Rompton wrote:But surley if you were mobilized, you could not just go, you cant be put in jail for it? although i thought thats why people joined TA to go war etc...
if it were me id just say no if i didnt want to go, whats the worst they can do?
You would at the very least surely be chucked out of any self respecting unit and you can be sent to prison if you are being compulsory mobilized.

Some people tend to find a lot of good excuses though, some of these cases have been well publicised in the press.
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
Rompton

Post by Rompton »

So if you were mobilized compulsary. And you said i am moving abroad would you get away with that? seems valid enough for me. and what if your only in 5 hours of education a week would you get away with that?
dylanredefined

Post by dylanredefined »

Shot at dawn body hung on fence at ta centre "pour to encourge the others" :lol: I wish .
Moving abroad hand your kit in and f off. Its full time study not an evening class so pack for somewhere sandy and shitty .If you really want to get out of it you can no one really wants to take someone who dosen't want to be there .
Maybe an overhill stab but not ready to hang
my kit in yet .If not quite death from the flanks
certainly a nasty fright.:)
Rompton

Post by Rompton »

Im not in i was just asking questions. I don't intend on goin to TA either. Just general banter calm down.lol
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

who do you intend on joining then? :-?
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october