Share This Page:

Director UK Special Forces

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
westy_1981

Director UK Special Forces

Post by westy_1981 »

hello all,

just wondered if anyone can shed light on who is the current Director of UK Special Forces? Replies or PMs would be appreciated.

Happy New Year all, Cheers, Westy
POC - passed 9-11 Feb 2004
AIB - failed 22-24 Mar 2004

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!
Chateau Lafite

Post by Chateau Lafite »

My dear Westie,

Umm... No... Just No.

Peace be upon you.

P.S Drinking a lovely Chateauneuf-du-Pape from Chateau Mont Redon, beautiful balance, dry earthy fruit, and that warming alcoholic finish we all love so much. 2001 vintage, which by all accounts was superb and good for another 10 years yet.
CptStabbo

Post by CptStabbo »

Hello CL,

Bit late for you to be posting - buring the candle at both ends?

Nice drop of vino you talk of there.

What with the recent and sudden down-turn in tin mining coupled with my sporadic loss of sight i'm currently able to afford nothing more than a 3 litre bottle of Bejam Liebfraumilch to accompany the Sunday roast.

Still, it's nice to hear of someone living life in the fast lane.

Hope all is well - speak soon.

CS.

P.S i'm currently losing the will to live having posted in the General Discussions area - i shan't be doing it again.
Chateau Lafite

Post by Chateau Lafite »

Oh Dear Capytain,

Officers mess not what it was eh? I can remember the days when fine wine merchants used to cut each others' throats to get the biz. Ahh..Tony Blair has a lot to answer for.

I can further remember the time when 24hr Compo used to come with wine recomendations and foul little bottles of screwcap wine for the 'hofficers.

Tonight it's a charming Barolo I have chosen (again 2001) from a small grower called Reverdito - the nose is all Violets and Tar. The body has just enough tannin to balance the alcohol.

Ciao,

CL
CptStabbo

Post by CptStabbo »

CL,

You have sickeningly good taste. For me it's a 2004 Tesco Melini Chianti - and that only because it has £1.70 off.

I do hope business picks up again soon as i find myself looking 'tward the Thunderbirds and White Lightning.

Say - why not drop me a PM with your latest news and we can chew it over?

Regards,

CStab
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

CptStabbo wrote:CL,

You have sickeningly good taste. For me it's a 2004 Tesco Melini Chianti - and that only because it has £1.70 off.

I do hope business picks up again soon as i find myself looking 'tward the Thunderbirds and White Lightning.

Say - why not drop me a PM with your latest news and we can chew it over?

Regards,

CStab
Evening guys/Cpt Stabbo... got a nice little Chablis on the go :lol:

G/f used to work at Broadmoor, not sure if i should have been her boyfriend or patient LOL!
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

Just to get this thread back on track. The Director of UK Special Forces is
Maj. General %)*^* %^&£$"^
Sneaky Beaky
Moderator!!
Former RM of 23 years.
neil1955

Post by neil1955 »

come on sneaky
You know as well as i do that the DSF is not a Major Gen he just thinks he is.
The Brecon Becons still stand Pen-y Fan is still a pain it makes no differance jnr, snr, selection, it stays with you ............
Chateau Lafite

Post by Chateau Lafite »

Quite right Mr 1955!

As far as my limited intelligence allows DSF is a Brigadier position, one that has always seen its holder promoted to full General on retirement - if not before. Mostly the people concerned are a) dead 'ard and b) look good in a suit.

P.s. I believe, My dear Westie, that currently the DSF is from the SBS, but obviously, for obvious, obviously clear reasons I think that OPSEC should prevail if anyone does know his name.

Tonight it's a unpretentious but delicious Champagne. A 100% pinot noir number from Gallimard Pere et Fils. Aged 3 years on the lees to add more depth and complexity. I personally believe that growers' champagnes like this one are the way to go becoause they offer signficantly better value than the 'Grande Marques.' After the bottle I will be following doctors ofders and downing several pints at our local hostalry with the current girl-fiend and her boring mates.

Out.
neil1955

Post by neil1955 »

Mines a Stella or at a push Kronenberg
The Brecon Becons still stand Pen-y Fan is still a pain it makes no differance jnr, snr, selection, it stays with you ............
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

ah stella....

ps. no offence intended anybody!! www
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
KIMBERLYPARE

Post by KIMBERLYPARE »

the dsf if still the same from around 2000-ish is a brigadier and is from airborne background.met him when he first took over and was doing the rounds of all the different sqdrns while i was doing selection with 23 at the time.he surprisingly gave a speech in front of the sqdrn as well as us recruits in the bar detailing new kit to be issued and quite seriously undermined the TA regiment saying they were probably better than the hungarian special forces but not much else and that he didnt see how they could be sas when they have not done the same selection and do not have the same capability and he was not happy about them.was quite taken aback being permitted to sit in for it and would imagine the sqdrn members must have been seething.
i reckon they are a valuable outfit but it must be a bit galling for the reg sas guys to see others wearing the same cap badge etc as they do when they have not done the same to earn it and dont have anywhere near the same skill or experience.
anyway there you go for some wednesday night soapbox!
I EAT CANNIBALS
adj125

Post by adj125 »

KIMBERLYPARE wrote:the dsf if still the same from around 2000-ish is a brigadier and is from airborne background.met him when he first took over and was doing the rounds of all the different sqdrns while i was doing selection with 23 at the time.he surprisingly gave a speech in front of the sqdrn as well as us recruits in the bar detailing new kit to be issued and quite seriously undermined the TA regiment saying they were probably better than the hungarian special forces but not much else and that he didnt see how they could be sas when they have not done the same selection and do not have the same capability and he was not happy about them.was quite taken aback being permitted to sit in for it and would imagine the sqdrn members must have been seething.
i reckon they are a valuable outfit but it must be a bit galling for the reg sas guys to see others wearing the same cap badge etc as they do when they have not done the same to earn it and dont have anywhere near the same skill or experience.
anyway there you go for some wednesday night soapbox!

Just like to say what a load of Bollocks and thats putting it mildly

Bollocks

The word is often used figuratively, most commonly as a noun to mean "nonsense"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
KIMBERLYPARE

Post by KIMBERLYPARE »

Afraid every single word of it is true my dear eminence,however thank you for your valued input as ever................. :roll:
I EAT CANNIBALS
Scott18

Post by Scott18 »

I found this link, it may be of some interest to you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammar
:roll:
Last edited by Scott18 on Sun 11 Feb, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Waiting everyday for anything