Share This Page:

FAA Observer

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
big_al

FAA Observer

Post by big_al »

Hi guys,
I've been put through to the AIB as an applicant as an observer, but am having second thoughts about that particular branch. I'm thinking about maybe going for RM officer if this doesn't work out, but if anyone has anything to say about the role of observers, then that would be really handy, as although the RN website is good, it doesn't provide a great deal of information.
Cheers again guys,
Al
Powder monkey

Post by Powder monkey »

I don't know what transferable skills you could possibly get from being an observer.....
big_al

Post by big_al »

cheers monkey that was really helpful.... :roll:

Post by Guest »

that was helpfull? what the hell.. how about the fact you will be a naval officer, doesnt that give you some transferrable skills? how about the fact you are a navigator.. and you will be highly eductaed in meteroelogy to name one part of you're studies. how about when you join up you do ou and get a degree? isnt that transferrable alongside the fact you have been a leader, a observer - one of the hardest branches to join the navy as? however if that is enough to put you off the job, the fact a nit-witt types a piece of sh*t about a subject they clearly know nothing of, then you are not the correct person for the job, you are not the type of person who will gain my respect as a leader, telling me how to get back to my ship in the middle of night to keep me, my crew and my aircraft in the air without us getting lost and falling into the sea. good luck with you're application - i doubt very much you will get past the initial interview at the afco.

Mark.
big_al

Post by big_al »

For your information the two above posts are indeed, seperate posts. So you don't go mouthing me off until you've thought properly about what you're about to write. Oh, and the above comment was something we know as 'sarcasm' as I didn't find it particularly useful. Your comment, with the insulting stupidity left out, was a hell of a lot more useful.
Al

Post by Guest »

seperate posts? umm, I dont see differant posts. try www.royalnavy.mod.uk find everything you wanna know about it there.
big_al

Post by big_al »

I posted the first comment in the hope that someone would tell me a little about the role of observer. Powder Monkey replied with a stupid and pretty unhelpful comment, and I posted the 'that was helpful' comment as sarcasm, as a response to PM's comment. OK?

Post by Guest »

Fine with me, you're career makes no differance to me, I'll be a pilot soon enough - so not cared about what you have to say. However, whenever you attend Sultan for the AIb, watch you're attitude - firstly, you won't be popular and secondly you won't pass, they dont like cockyness. I gave you a link to the RN website, find out for yourself - like others have to do.

Beep Beep.
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

Well make sure you dont get air or sea sick :P :lol:
big_al

Post by big_al »

Weird. I thought you had to be intelligent to be a pilot..
big_al

Post by big_al »

And you might want to take some English lessons before you go to OASC and fail miserably because 'yoo spel like thiss.' Ending this now on your behalf as it's getting a bit too petty for my liking. :evil:

Post by Guest »

Yah it is petty, you wanna talk about intelligence, I have an IQ of 138. Suck a nut. Thats such an insult - how I type, well - I type fast, and its an online forum so I dont care about making typing error's, I dont make them when I write.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Now Now Ladie's,
Handbags down.
I think there was a misconception at the begining of this thread.
So lets all kiss and make up.
No tongues though. :o

As to djverylongthing's comment about correct spelling on this forum.
We expect it.

If you people cannot play with the same ball.
Then off you go till you grow up..

Wholley :o

Post by Guest »

Oh please, you're getting sad. I type fast so it's obvious Im gonna make one or two typing errors. I am here offering help to people, and some people take it the wrong way. Dont want help? Dont ask.

Out.
big_al

Post by big_al »

Some people take it the wrong way!!!??? :lol: