Share This Page:

the MOD Police

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
mgk

the MOD Police

Post by mgk »

Hi

i know this is off topic with the forum, but my brother is thinking of joining the MOD police. Speaking to a lad in the Navy though he said that they are not well respected and are useless. He didnt really go into it but just wondered if anybody else has any comments on them or if they know much about them. Or is it just that because they police the military they are disliked

Thanks in advance
Hantslad

Post by Hantslad »

If he really wants to be a copper he should join a real police force like the Met. Have a look at www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk , its basically the old bill version of this forum
Artist

Post by Artist »

The MOD Plods I knew at Pompey D/Yard were mostly Ex Service (male and female).

They have units based all over the country. So you could in theory get fed up in say Guz and move to Scotland or indeed anywhere they are based.

Plus there pay and training is on a par with most other Police Forces. well thats what the guys on the main gate on the hard at Pompey told me.

Artist

Ministry of Defence Police

Post by Guest »

Click Here for the MOD Police Website

I recall many moons ago when the MOD Police were known as the War Department Constabulary. Recruitment was from Ex Service and attracted those who had completed a fair number of years and on honourable discharge were looking for job security within an organisation that they were familar with.

However, things appear to have changed and it all seems pretty Gung-Ho and I read where the MOD Police are to be issued with updated firearms.

The MOD Police appear to be undergoing major restructuring, for within their Website there is reference to the Ministry of Defence Guard Service (MGS). It appears as if they are splitting the Guard Duties from the Police Duties and then there is the Military Police Guard Service as discussed
Click Here for Thread on Military Police Guard Service

It's all rather confusing to me but perhaps other members may understand what appears to me to be a duplication of services.