Share This Page:

Some Recruiting issues I need some help with.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
HiddEN

Some Recruiting issues I need some help with.

Post by HiddEN »

First off I doubt anybody here can help with this but thought I would try. I'm trying to get the application ball rolling and I'm running into some basic problems. Oh and I'm applying from Canada.

I'm trying to get my hands on the Royal Marine booklets, the so called "green bible" and in general just the marine booklets. Twice now I have been told by recruiters that its being sent to me, but I keep getting the really basic Navy info book thats like 12 pages long or so. Very basic, like pay rates and such. More or less nothing on the marines. I would like these booklets, and it appears calling and requesting them to be sent does not work.

In reality I dont really need this stuff I have done my research I know most of the information. What I'm really after is what ever I need to start the application. But yet again, I'm stuck at the "The Overseas Recruiting Office Will Be In Contact With You Shortly" letter. Well Its been months and I have been sent this letter twice and no phone call.

Anybody have any help, particularly if your a member of recruiting staff, thanks.
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

I think ive got a spare Green Bible lying around mate, if u pm me your address ill send u it. (if it dont cost a bomb) :D
PJFT : 9.12
PRMC : 24th May... FAILED
Going back - sometime after Chrimbo
Fow22

Post by Fow22 »

Hey dude, call the Overseas Recruiting Office, don't let them be the ones to get the ball rolling. Ask for a Warrant Officer Brown, he will send you a questionnaire, fill it out and post it back. DO NOT wait for them to get back to you, call them about two weeks after you've sent it. When you call, have the date that you will be arriving in the UK so he can set up your testing. I was all set up for my testing within 2 months of first contacting them, faster than I expected, unfortunately I have a criminal conviction from back home, so I'm ineligible for the Marines for another 2 years. I've decided to join the British Army now as I'm not prepared to wait. Best of luck, Kyle.
HiddEN

Post by HiddEN »

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated info. Anybody happen to have the number of the overseas recruiting office kicking around.
Fow22

Post by Fow22 »

I'll call my buddy back home who has the number this weekend, then post it up. Kyle.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Try a search mate, the number's been posted a few times in the past by lads in similar situations to yourself...I think it was the London careers office they recommended calling direct, in which case tel no will be on the Navy webby.