Share This Page:

zinc-oxcyde tape

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
gnrgreenhill

zinc-oxcyde tape

Post by gnrgreenhill »

Any body got any advice as to were is a good place to get hold of bulk amounts of zinc-oxcyde tape for taping up feet and backs?
adj125

Post by adj125 »

Ex RE 1986 till 1997
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

I know they sell it at boots, i dont know how much is costs though
[img]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5848/georgiossamaras5bk.jpg[/img]
Doc

Post by Doc »

put some on a small area of flesh overnight as some people are allergic to it and this increases swelling.

also when you put it on, wrap it diagonal otherwise you cut the circulation and your toes drop off.

remove every night, bathe and reapply otherwise the skin growth from blisters can interweave with the tape and cause all sorts of dramas (seen a bad case on the 59 AACC beatup, poor bloke was in hospital for ages)

and last but not least use a sharp knife to cut it to fit as the tearing on the edges or folds in the tape can cause more rubbing.

but leave some blisters for the medics as they can sort them with a needle and some gentle stuff called iodine, medically its a very satisfying procedure! especially on gob shites :lol:
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

Iodine? no thanks my Recruiting SGT told me about that. Even he said say no.
[img]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5848/georgiossamaras5bk.jpg[/img]
Doc

Post by Doc »

"look I cant fix your blisters if you keep trying to put your foot on the ceiling!! :roll: "

Oh the joys when some booty walks in dissing us matelots, and leaves in more pain than he's ever imagined :lol: :lol:

Smells nice aswell! iodine that is not bootys! :o

Another good one is toenail removal......ring block with lygnocaine, needle in until hits the bone then pull out slowly while depressing the syringe, wait 5 mins for the effect to kick in, (or 2 if hes a gobshite) then insert clamp down one side of nail to nail bed hold tight and peel off nail in one swoop.

Wait for Royal to peel himself off ceiling and the threats of death to cease, then burn the nail bed and bandage. Show crutches x2 the use of, and send him on his merry way!

Oh the joy of medicine and winning the hearts and minds :lol: :lol:
beardo

Post by beardo »

ouch

I remember my ingrowing toenail operation, I had to have 2 injections in 2 seperate nerves at the same time!
mercury

Post by mercury »

"certa cito"
Biggles1211

Post by Biggles1211 »

Iodine? no thanks my Recruiting SGT told me about that. Even he said say no.
Once upon a time, when I was 18 and niave, I was up at Condor and allowed the medics to pump this stuff into both of my feet....was quite an unpleasant surprise I can tell you!

I think they mentioned the word "sting" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

If you can get your mits on it nothing works better than "tinc benz"
be warned though this is only recommended for those freaks that actually enjoy pain!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

I dont know what all the fuss is about, syringing blisters and shooting them full of iodine never hurt me once! stung once when a foot connected to my forehead, befoer I learnt the age old medic trick of needle in head back. :lol:
Biggles1211

Post by Biggles1211 »

Goonergreenhill...as a civvy why would you possibly require bulk amounts of zinc-oxcyde tape?!?
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

urg doc

the toenail process made me cringe

I hate getting things pulled out, be it teeth or nails, havent had the latter done thank god. Well its the injections I dont like specifically :D