Share This Page:

Wasting my time?

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
Boredatwork

Post by Boredatwork »

Daveb mate I'm in the same position as you- just turned 25 and thinking of a serious career change. Have you done your PRMC yet?
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Yea mate, I did my PRMC in December. It was without doubt the hardest 3 days in my life, but well worth it :)

I start foundation on 21st of this month.

I was always sat at work just thinking to myself that I didnt want to be there, I wanted to be a Marine. I got on well with everyone there, but just knew that the job wasnt me. One day on my day off I decided to go into the Navy Careers office to just find out more information, and havent looked back :)
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

Boredatwork wrote:Thanks a lot everyone for all the positive replies- wish i'd found out about this forum before!

Was thinking of RMR or RGJ (they are the closest to me I think). Just need to keep the fitness up and shake off a few injuries. Living in Central London and being forced to run on concrete everyday seems to have knackered my knees completely......
If you are worried about your fitness, a company called British Military Fitness run military-style fitness classes for civilians. Lots of classes in London. Go to www.britmilfit.com
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
RobT

Post by RobT »

I used to be a "STAB" whilst at uni, left their and joined the RAF Regt. My experience helped me out but i got ripped for it! Nowt wrong with the TA and you can be a bit of a knacker and get away with it.

But my young padawan now you must join me on the darkside...become an oggie on a Aux Regt unit..you can't resist.

:D