Share This Page:

Ultimate Farce.

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
goreD.

Ultimate Farce.

Post by goreD. »

Perhaps this subject has already been covered on MF.

For the first time ever due to a severe lack of imagination on my part I actually viewed/watched an episode of Ultimate Force with Mssr Kemp and Co.

The episode concerned was based loosely on the white farmers predicament in a certain African country run by a modern day 'black' Hitler.

Before the SAS team were told what they were doing/going to do they were given a box full of nice shiney weapons. The consensus was..... "Bloody Hell G'vnor, great weapons, we haven't seen a 'Bounty' like this before. Of course we will all go to our certain death, these weapons are really great !!!!" This response was after they were told that the job was 'outside their normal remit' and was in effect 'illegal'.

Did anyone else feel like this episode/program is a load of poo and is perhaps sponsored by the Army to try and recruit mindless idiots into the Army. I.E. Some prat who actually thinks that he is going to go on similar ops, perhaps with Mssr Kemp?

Gore.
Mexican bandit, "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges....."
Major Kong, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in vegas with all that stuff....."
Gore, "The first casualty of war is your underpants....."
Hallsy

Post by Hallsy »

What so Mssr Kemp is not really SAS?

:lol:
Josh

Post by Josh »

Next gore you'll be telling us that 'The Bill' isn't entirely accurate. :wink:
Humph

Post by Humph »

Didn't see tonights episode but saw last weeks and have watched the last two series but it's gone downhill (not on a big hill to start with) since mr Kemp or whatever his name in the show is shot an officer who was knobbing the scottish ones wife and then put him in a fridge before they got lifted out of somewhere. Before this point at least it appeared believeable although obviously exaggerated for ratings sake.

Very entertaining stuff anyway and a nice few naked ladies last week! :P

Humph
Leigh Dowell

Ultimate Farce

Post by Leigh Dowell »

I think this is good harmless fun but shoe-horning a woman into it is a crude attempt to be PC, next season will include a blind, wheel chair bound, muslim, lesbian, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, single mother, dems expert with hearing difficulties as joint team commander, I can't wait.
crafty990
Location: Pouring Baileys into a cup of tea as a milk substitute.

Post by crafty990 »

I've got to admit that this program does not bother me one bit and I'll sometimes watch it infact. If it does intice some people to have a crack at RSC that I think the army's on to a winner (if they can pass the tests than its a bit of marketing genius).
Tab

Post by Tab »

One must remember that this is Television and the show is made for entertainment. If you want want to watch more factual shows then stick to the History Channel. Or perhaps you are saying that only the Americans can make shows about their troops to show them of in a better light. If I remember rightly you brought this matter up last year and with the same title.
ashley

Post by ashley »

It's Saturday night tele that's meant to be entertaining, and special forces is a simple platform to base it on. It's alright I suppose if you watch it under the context of cheesy action, otherwise, as Tab said, there's the History Channel.
Kwik400

Re: Ultimate Farce

Post by Kwik400 »

Leigh Dowell wrote:I think this is good harmless fun but shoe-horning a woman into it is a crude attempt to be PC, next season will include a blind, wheel chair bound, muslim, lesbian, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, single mother, dems expert with hearing difficulties as joint team commander, I can't wait.
LOL :lol:
goreD.

Post by goreD. »

Tab wrote: If I remember rightly you brought this matter up last year and with the same title.
Not me.

http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/cforums ... mate+farce
Mexican bandit, "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges....."
Major Kong, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in vegas with all that stuff....."
Gore, "The first casualty of war is your underpants....."
rockapemk1

Post by rockapemk1 »

It is aload of pants, sitting there last night,watched half of it and decided to go on the last instead.

So 22 dont take women then?
Spooky

Re: Ultimate Farce

Post by Spooky »

Leigh Dowell wrote:next season will include a blind, wheel chair bound, muslim, lesbian, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, single mother, dems expert with hearing difficulties as joint team commander, I can't wait.
what about the gay guy, who will discover another gay guy in the regiment which will cause all kinds of life threatening/comical situations on ops...
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Its a show, entertainment for the masses. Brain dead, prutrid droll for the average joe sitting on his couch smoking Lambet and Butlers with his kids running beneath his feet eating crisps and knocking over his cans.

Nothing less and definatly nothing more. Just like everything on TV in my opinion bar the History Channel, C4 and Discovery.

PS. Dont say the 'G' word, we will have Gore come on and tell us how dirty and naughty they are. :wink: :wink:
WooHoo

Post by WooHoo »

The one episode I watched made me cringe....won't watch another
crafty990
Location: Pouring Baileys into a cup of tea as a milk substitute.

Post by crafty990 »

KlinkKlank wrote: bar the History Channel, C4 and Discovery.
Jesus, I hope you've got Sky TV otherwise your f*cked.