Share This Page:

RN Divers

Discussions on joining & training in the Royal Navy.
mortuarydude

RN Divers

Post by mortuarydude »

Just a quick one, does anybody know the eyesight standard needed to be a clearance diver? :o
They told me I was gullible - and I believed them......
Bovie

Post by Bovie »

i think last time i heard, that there is a 3 year wating list for divers
Powder monkey

Re: RN Divers

Post by Powder monkey »

mortuarydude wrote:Just a quick one, does anybody know the eyesight standard needed to be a clearance diver? :o
Erm, a good standard?
This post was typed up in front of a live studio audience at pinewood studios England.
tn201

Clearance diver

Post by tn201 »

The eyesight standard is not particuarly high. I asked about this at the AIB medical and i think the doc said something around -3.5 Dioptres as the limit of correction. Warfare officer is -2.5 I dont know about the visual acuity standard but they are usually comparable with the limits of correction. Dont know about long sight. Eyesight is no drama here because you get a prescription mask. It wouldnt be a problem unless little Nemo comes along and nicks ya mask.
A Warfare officer told me there is a shortage of Clearance divers (officer branch). Dont know about ratings waiting list.
mortuarydude

Post by mortuarydude »

Many thanks for that mate, it's most encouraging. I really appreciate it, I was a bit unsure and didn't want to march into the careers office and get shot down, but at least I know I can have a go now. Time to get off my arse and get into the careers office now I think! :drinking:
They told me I was gullible - and I believed them......
Jammy

Post by Jammy »

Hi as far as i remember you can not join the Navy as a CD you have to join as a Seaman pass Raleigh then stick a request form in for a Cat change to CD
[b][i][u] Ex CPO. (Ops) .TS .SM Jammy Hartley[/u][/i][/b]

[b][i][u]Drafts[/u][/i][/b]

[b] All Arms Commando Course , Dolpin Tank Team , SPAG , HMS Splendid , HMS Sovereign,HMS Trafalgar, HMS Triumph, RNAS Portland[/b]

Post by 42 »

divers branch is now open.

PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY QUE