Share This Page:

App forms filled in, not sent !!

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Contractor

Post by Contractor »

Stay staring at your computer mate it's nice and safe. When you get middle aged you can look back and decide if you made the right decision or not. :roll:

Nobody can decide except for yourself cc123.
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

One of the things that the army will most certainly do for you is to teach you that dithering about like that is not acceptable. I would assume that, like most guys, you were issued with a set of nuts at a very young age? See if you can find them. If successful, get your arse down to the AFCO.

Just MAKE A DECISION!
Sig657

Post by Sig657 »

Its entirely up to you. Although i cant wait if i was told i could join tommorrow but i had to run to lichfeild i would!
Mal

Post by Mal »

MATE GO FOR IT!!!! Send in your applications and go for it. Everything I have heard has made me want it more and more since the day I filled out my first medical and details form!

Takes about 6 months from sending off your forms till you join anyway. Army isnt as efficient as you might think. Gives you PLENTY of time to think things over and find out more.

I join the army in 9 weeks time (para) and simply CANT WAIT!!! Even thou its only 9 weeks away, I still have the option to scrap it all and do something else in life. If in a couple weeks I decided I didnt want to go in the army no more then I could simply tell them that and there would be no problem!

Send off your forms now!!! Get the ball rolling!!! You have like upto 6 months to change your mind. The longer you leave it the longer it will take and you may find yourself putting yourself into bother with yourself having too many dicissions but having actually done nothing about it anyway. If you apply now and 5 weeks before your due to go in the army, you decide against it, no harm done, its your choice.

Get your forms sorted out and sent off NOW and meanwhile have a look at what you might fancy doing in the army. There are like 160 or more different jobs available. Maybe try the job wizard www.army.mod.uk or talk to an online careers adviser?

I wanted to join the army all my life but I first expressed interest in Year 8 in school and ended up been given LOADS AND LOADS of different books to look through which were very usefull and gave me a good idea. In the end I simply wanted to be the best there was to offer and was told that it was the SAS, and then was told I couldnt join that untill I was already in the army unless I wanted to join the TA SAS (21/23). The next obvious choice was the Parachute Regiment and its been that choice ever since. Good luck mate.

Mal
Last edited by Mal on Tue 06 Apr, 2004 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

cc123 go for it mate, I spend all day behind a computer an it is starting to piss me off. :evil:

So what regiment you looking to join ?
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

I finished my A Levels and was toying with the idea of joining the Army but decided to try a "normal" desk job first. 18 months down the line i realised what a bad mistake this was. Im now waiting for a date for the RSC then i hopefully can start basic training in a month or two.

I simply cant wait to get on and have a good go at making it in the Army. I only wish i applied straight after my A Levels.

Because im only 20 if the Army isnt for me i have pleanty of time to try something else, although i aim to serve my 22 years.

Hand them in, if you don't you will kick yourself a year or two down the line.
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

If you do join I've got a nickname for you. Mavis "I don't really know"

From corrie.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

If i were you CC id hand the forms in and get a BARB test done. From the test your recruitment officer will help you decide on 3 career choices, providing you have the right qualifications and score high enough on the Test.

i got 61, i think if you get 65 you are suitable for everything. Its a daunting task choosing what you want to do (especially if you havent a clue) but you will learn much more about the Army and the opportunities with in it.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

It sounds like you've got a fair idea of what you want to do. WHy not check out the various RA units on www.army.mod.uk this may help you futher.

Good luck in what you decide.