Share This Page:

Tony Martin

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
exvmremf

Tony Martin

Post by exvmremf »

I've been following this case and I think that Tony Martin has been totally let down by the legal system. If he had taken the soft option of showing remorse and promising to be a good boy (like the average convicted scum do for early release) he would probably be free now.
I believe that he has done exactly the right thing by not compromising his dignity and refusing to be pressured into admitting he was in the wrong.
Anyone who chooses to break the law effectively loses the protection of the law (not that there is any protection from the law where he lives) and leave themselves wide open to summary justice.
I was burgled once and tried my hardest to find the bastards that did it. The first thing I bought the next day was a baseball bat. Anyone that breaks into my house and threatens the safety of my family had better stand by.
The only remorse Tony Martin should have is that he didn't grease the other lowlife.
Tab

Post by Tab »

I could not agree more mate.
COMBAT WOMBAT

Post by COMBAT WOMBAT »

I totally agree that the law should be more lenient towards people that defend their homes and families, however, I heard during the trial several years ago that after Martin shot the lad the first time (which i don't have a problem with) the lad was on the floor calling out for his mother and Martin shot him again. This i have a problem with, there was no need to shoot the lad again, this was murder.
I believe the decent people should have more right to use physical force to defend there homes, as the burglar forfeits some of his rights by going in, but we cannot allow any amount of force to be used lawfully, this would open the floodgates, if this was the case then in hypothetical and in extreme cases, a burglar could be tortured to death. I don't like the scum burglars, there is no excues for stealing and i hate it, but our justice system is just for that-justice, not retribution.

0X
Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

Post by Guest »

:(

I agree with the thread starter. I feel that once a thief/burglar crosses that private property boundary that does not belong to him/her that is where their human rights ceases. They have the knowledge and the option of not encroaching onto others territory, as far as I am concerned what goes round comes round, Tony Martin was so pi$$ed off having no police protection, despite protestations, that he 'unlawfully' committed an act in protecting himself and his property, as usual the victim is the villain.

He is nearing serving his pennance and if I am ever in his district of Emneth Hungate near Wisbech, I would gladly sit and have a beer with him. He stood up and was counted, let the tree huggers of this world be cast aside and let's have some common sense put back into the old British way of life
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Several years ago a Scots oilman was drunk in a Houston suburb, trying to find his way home. Hammering on the REAR door of a house he was shot by the occupant through the door. The family back here demanded legal redress, the Houston Police dept, said if you are on this mans property and frighten him or his family he is entitled to deal with you as he sees fit.
Tony Martin did what many of us would do and shot a scum bag, but in this country we cannot call young Fred Barras a scum bag, he was just a bit of a lad as far as his dysfunctional family are concerned. His accomplice is one of the lower life forms, claiming recompense for PTSD from Martin. The Judicial system in this country is long overdue for overhaul, as are many of our judiciary, they are famously out of touch with reality and the facts of life as experienced by those they 'serve'.

Have a look at this link http://www.tonymartinsupportgroup.org
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Hear hear.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
TheCount

Post by TheCount »

I agree

This is one of the few Laws I think America have got right
Passed PRMC<--7th June "Gee whiz"
Cinders

Post by Cinders »

:lol: Well the Americans had to get someting right. I was living in Norfolk when this happened. I have always thought he was treated badly. His house was like ffort knox he had been burgled so many times. I hate burglars. :fist:
May the sun always shine on you.
exvmremf

Post by exvmremf »

The press made a big issue out of the state of Tony Martins house. I say if it's his house he can live in it as he pleases. It still does not give anybody the right to help themselves.
Brand the bastards.
Fred Barras' parents said he was just a loveable rogue. Maybe to them but to everyone he burgled he was the scum of the earth.
Take the risk, take the consequences.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Ahoy there!
The front page of this morning's Daily Mail reports on Brendon 'Scumbag' Fearon claiming against Tony Martin. He is of course being funded in this pursuit by legal aid.
You couldn't make it up.
Last edited by Rogue Chef on Fri 16 May, 2003 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam's Dad

Post by Sam's Dad »

I can't agree with what Tony Martin did or his lack of remorse for doing it.

From memory the lad was fleeing the scene after the burgulary and posed no direct threat to the house owner, so what right did he have to 'waste him'?

Agreed burgulars do not deserve any sympathy and finding your house turned over must be traumatic to the owner, but in my humble view this does not give the owner the right to 'execute' the villan.

Posessions can be replaced, life cannot.
gash-hand

Post by gash-hand »

But wasn't this the 3rd or 4th time they had burgled him? And reports to the police had achieved nothing
Nuisance
Topper

Post by Topper »

If the police do nothing and then these scum come and rob for a fourth time then they are fully entitled to be shot at. Terroising a rural farm because the police are a bunch of incompotent half wits as usual, how else is an old man to defend himself?? Talk reasonably and rationally to the poor boys who have human rights and come from deprived backgrounds bla, blah, blah, bla, obviously doesnt work. Prehaps if more burglars were shot it might deter them, because the police 'presence' certainly won't.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Perhaps if more burglars were shot it might deter them
Then again it might encourage them to go 'tooled up'.

Post by Guest »

:(

I vill saaaaayy this only vonce more!

Everyones human and legal rights exist up to the point of crossing that boundary, beyond that threshhold 'what goes round comes round'