Share This Page:

Worst/Best Posting in the forces

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Those were the days, young and carefree
Caught him lying. O'Pray was never young, he's always been old. I've seen him in what was termed the flesh; probably era Tutenkamun but positively flesh! :lol:
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

Oh yeah El Prez. Well just check out my profile photograph. Everone will know that you speak untruths.

Aye - Andy. :lol:
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Andy, look carefully and you can see the edges of the glass plate where you scanned it! :lol: how much powder did the phot have in his tray...........Whooomp! :lol:
El Presidente
Artist

Post by Artist »

Pompey Dockyard

It was the worst and the best.

8 Bootie printers in the "Old Naval Academy" CinCNAVHOME in fact.

Bags of laughs and a fair bit of "rabbit" jobs to supplement our basic pay.

Trips to various warships, Brit, Canadian, Yank. The last few months after we were told that the Printers Branch was disbanding was unreal. At any one time we had Booze all over the place as "presents" from grateful Officers and men. The dark room had draft lager and bitter! You shut the door and the red light came on so noone could enter.

Every Christmas we held a party for the entire Academy. Everyone was invited. From the Admiral down to the civvy typist. The food and drink was all donated by grateful customers.

In the rest room we had a Fridge "rescued" from a decommissioned frigate the Appolo I think. With crates of tiger beer.

One bloke kept a bottle of Malt Whiskey inside his Thompson 10by15 letterpress. Are you out there Dave?

We really were living the life of Riley. A mate of mine was on the Fearless and came to visit the office one day, he was gobsmacked.

But we still cranked out the work right up untill they took away our printing presses. Then it hit everone. The life of Riley had finished. Most of us were granted vol redundancy. And out into the real world we trundled. That for me was the worst.

aye steve evans
exvmremf

Post by exvmremf »

Any VM will tell you that SEME Bordon in Hampshire is El Crappo Drafto. Surrounded by Pongoes who haven't a clue and there wasn't even a pub in the village unless you counted the NAAFI on the patch. I didn't!!
Luckily I was only there for 10 months although my wife had to suffer another 3 months until I sorted a quarter out in Lowrie land. I must admit that I liked Arbroath and RMR Tyne, except I met my second wife in Gray's club, she was my second divorce too, cow!!!!
bootneck

Post by bootneck »

exvmremf, the naffi, was it still called, "the plums rate inn?". Royal named it and perce couldn`t work out what it meant. When Alma, the bint behind the bar pulled the shutters down, we used to get a piece of plastic guttering, and shove it through the grill, and help ourselves to the shorts. She could never work out why the optics were empty :D
bootneck

Post by bootneck »

Andy, I thought that was, "Clint Eastwood" on yer profile :o
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

bootneck, Saddam had his stand ins, I just happen to be one of Clint's stand ins.

If you want to get ahead, get a hat.

Aye - Andy. :lol: :lol:
bootneck

Post by bootneck »

wheres your horse andy?? and like clint, do you have problems stopping pigs in corridors??
Andy O'Pray

Post by Andy O'Pray »

I will have you know, these pigs were my female companions, after all Archie has his sheep. What was that about being hung like a horse?

Aye - Andy. :lol:
bootneck

Post by bootneck »

I`ll send some rope!! :o
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Who was that Cowboy alongside Clint Orangutan in 'Every which way but loose?'
El Presidente
exvmremf

Post by exvmremf »

Bootneck, I was there in 1983/84 and can't remember what it was called. I just remember it was full of crabby pongoes and excessively ugly women. I think I only used it once then needed fumigating!!!!
bootneck

Post by bootneck »

exvmremf, where did you go when you finished your course?...............let me think, Logs??
exvmremf

Post by exvmremf »

I actually asked for Logs so I could go back to Plymouth and out of two Marines and one Corporal on my course the two Marines got 45 Cdo. That was as close to Plymouth as I got until I was drafted to CTC. That was always a good draft.