Share This Page:

Not really related but i thought i might aswell.

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

This isnt related to the marines but i thought a good majority wauld be interested in it anyway.
I watched it last night and it was very interesting.Its about some civvies getting put through there paces by some ex-SAS instructors.Thou the fitness requirements may be of a higher standard i thought it wauld still be a good insight to how you are treated etc.
Anyway i think its a 3 part series every sunday and yesterday was part one.Its on BBC2 at 9.00 pm.

Its funny watching people who have only just begun quit within 2 hours, i mean what were they expecting ?.They begun point to point 1 women got to the first point and simply asked to quit , another man wanted painkillers from the first check point.
Makes me laugh.There was also a good part where a 5 strong team of women and men stuck together and one became hurt and the rest stuck with her and then they worked together to get themselves all moving sheer team work and motivation in its simplest form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cronkilla on 2002-03-04 11:05 ]</font>
BullDog

Post by BullDog »

Boots and Bergans, are the Key. Did you notice the footware most were wearing, I believe I saw someone in trainers... Image how stupid is that?

Also a point worth noting the Point to point weight is the same as the Full Fighting order (FFO) carried by recruits to do all the speed marches and bottom field activities (Tarzan Course Endurance Course etc). :smile:

The weight on the Long drag is also the weight used on Load Carries in the Corps ie 30 miler similar terain (Dartmoor) :razz:

But you have to remember that was probably the first time they had ever experienced that kind of endurance. Image
[img]http://www.civvie-street.co.uk/uk_flag.gif[/img] Proud to be British - Proud to have been a Royal Marine.[img]http://www.civvie-street.co.uk/uk_flag.gif[/img]
[url=http://www.cityroyal.co.uk]RMA City of London[/url]
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

Good points. My friend is apprently an SAS know it all and he thought he cauld make the selection.How horribly wrong infact he was very shocked about the hwole process.
Why is it people dont actually realise the extent that the training goes through?
They dont call them Special for no reason do they :grin:
jonnyg

Post by jonnyg »

There's a guy on there from RMR Bristol, he was one of the main ones persuading the woman not to jack it in!
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

I thought u were not allowed on that program if u had any military experiance?
alright