Share This Page:

Joining the second time around.

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Boney_Gildroy

Joining the second time around.

Post by Boney_Gildroy »

Hi, i joined the RAF Regt about 3 years ago but PVR'd to persue another career. However im now settled in my current job and looking to join the RAauxF. The question is if i join the reserve, will i ever be able to join the regulars as in theory it would be my 'third' application?
Any help would be great cheers.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

To be honest mate there's a lot of factors to be considered such as, what TG were you, how long did you previously serve,what were the circumstances of your PVR, is your preferred TG currently recruiting, are you able to commit now (convince them not me!) When all those and various other factors are taken into consideration they may decide that you are not a safe investment or they may snap your hand off. You just won't know until you try!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I take it your question is generally theoretical Boney? If you were really wanting to rejoin, then you would be doing just that, not considering the RAuxAF. Says to me that you're still not really sure...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

go for it. i had a history when i done same thing ie in regs - then went for oggys and they were snapping the hands off to get me in. dont get put off by admin side off things. if you want it go for it. worse thing to happen is an embarrasing 'no' get out - but (personally speaking) who cares bout knock backs?? go for it!
'Every man an Emperor'
Boney_Gildroy

Post by Boney_Gildroy »

Hi again, sorry i didnt explain very well.

Hyperlithe:

Yes im certain i want to join the RAauxF, but theoretically could i ever join the regulars, because you can only join twice? Or i have i got duff gen from somewhere?