Share This Page:

Joining Up

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Im going back to Glencorse tomorrow with my new pair of glasses lol you have to read to the 4th line down which is minimum the sister said. My right eye could do some letters on the 4th but not all. And my left eye read all of line 4. Im not too sure what they want me to do with my jam jars but soon find out tomorrow. The recruiter said it might be the case of turning up, just showing them my glasses and doing off. I wouldnt worry about it too much mate
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

partymarty1987 wrote:Im going back to Glencorse tomorrow with my new pair of glasses lol you have to read to the 4th line down which is minimum the sister said. My right eye could do some letters on the 4th but not all. And my left eye read all of line 4. Im not too sure what they want me to do with my jam jars but soon find out tomorrow. The recruiter said it might be the case of turning up, just showing them my glasses and doing off. I wouldnt worry about it too much mate
They just ask you to read the grid with your glasses on, then you have to remove the glasses and read the grid again. It's basically just to show that the glasses work. I had selection last week but got told i had a heart murmer. Went to the hospital the next day and my heart is fine. There isn't even a murmer. 14 other lads got done for the same thing. I was gutted. I have to wait another couple of weeks to go back.
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

You got a date to go back to selection? every thing should be fine then mate, i wouldnt worry about that. I just want to get my dates for Depot, cant wait to get started now :) Its horrible seeing lads getting deferred, i felt bad for some lads
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

Haven't got my dates yet mate. Giving my recruiter a ring tomorrow. I think the next available intake is May 3rd, so you might be on that intake. I just want to get selection out the way and get a date for depot.
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Thats it mate, its alot of weight off your shoulders knowing that you got selection out of the way. I've done no training for 2 weeks now, ive had a good rest and will start when i get back from Glencorse. Anyway mate send me a messege and let me know how you get on.