Share This Page:

Hunter Trooped. Son Of A...

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

ah yes, my mistake. I'll give myself 50 pressups for that. Goretex is worn too. Completely forgot about that :o
Darren82

Post by Darren82 »

Illustrious wrote:ah yes, my mistake. I'll give myself 50 pressups for that. Goretex is worn too. Completely forgot about that :o
Wasn't pointing any mistakes out mate, just seemed a bit strange. When I was there in '01/02 there was none of the dry sentry routine crack and just wondered why it had changed
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

This exercise was where ?

Does not compute -
PM me if you want - you can be dryer than this.....

wait it out :wink:
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
timex

Post by timex »

Sounds like the first Ex you do, non tac sort of thing? Can't remember what it was called first but I think it became Hunters Moon?
Sully

Post by Sully »

In the early 90's the first exercise (non tactical) was First Step in the first weekend and was largely an introduction to early morning beasting. Then came 'Gruesome' Twosome at about week 4 - plenty of night time bug outs and plenty more beasting. Then Hunter's 'Gloom' at about week 8 - mostly a navex but plenty of beasting as well (especially for a certain recruit who left his locker open and took OC's punishment :oops: ).

It sounds a bit odd that so many lads were biffed - we had to wait until Final Ex before we started having 'casualties' like that. In my humble opinion that was only because we weren't given the time to carry out the proper drills (i.e. yomp, harbour up, patrol, yomp... ) and I think that may have been on purpose as a sort of 'degradation' exercise as they used to call it - but no drips here. Our DS were top notch and anyway how long does it take to powder your feet and change your socks? You could do that while you're waiting for your mess tin to boil.

Your wet/dry routine sounds a bit odd and it's hard to believe (tho I don't doubt you) that you didn't have your crotch and armpits stuffed with socks drying out whenever possible. Dry socks = better than a bag off. You know it makes sense :wink:

Good luck with the rest of it... and don't worry... it gets much harder :lol:
Per Flank, Per Tank

Post by 30036091 »

i got chucked into hunter, dont worry about it
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Sully .....

I think that wearing the socks as a condom to keep 'em dry was something only folks such as us used to do ..... not everyone can .....

not without braces anyway ...

:D
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
caz2026

Post by caz2026 »

Hi, my son is also in hunter for the same thing, he was put in there after week 10 field excersize 'Hunters Moon'. He has been there for about 5 weeks now and the good news is he is very slowly getting some feeling back in his feet. We were getting a little worried because every time we asked him how his feet were he told us they were no better and not responding to the tablets. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and get back to training within the 3 months they told him it would take. Don't get too disheartened, we all did at first but they do know what they are talking about so just dig deep and i'm sure you'll be fine.
45commandorm

Post by 45commandorm »

when i was in training i couldnt feel my feet through out the 32 week course and for weeks afterwards. non of this dry sentry routine, it was always wet wet wet unless in your bag.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Caz, I know you're lad*. He's in my grot, what are the chances eh? :P

I think he's got a more serious case of it than me though as I've already started to regain the feeling in the rear of my feet and the arch. Still feels weird on the toes although it's understandable as they are the easiest part of the foot to lose heat from.

Off subject, I hope you enjoy your present :D