Share This Page:

heard a little rumour and do not shoot the messenger!!!!!

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Scouse_liam

heard a little rumour and do not shoot the messenger!!!!!

Post by Scouse_liam »

sometime this year they are filming new recruits like the bbc series the paras.
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA
timex

Post by timex »

As much as it's great PR for the Mil I do sometimes wonder if we need to keep doing this sort of thing. ??
aspinall

Post by aspinall »

I would be interested in watching an up to date version of the training that Para recruits do, as it would solve a few questions and fears i have :wink:
You'll Never Walk Alone
JayBuckley

Re: heard a little rumour and do not shoot the messenger!!!!

Post by JayBuckley »

Scouse_liam wrote:sometime this year they are filming new recruits like the bbc series the paras.
Well there is only one more intake this year and that is the one i am on, so if it was true and they are filming from day 1 of training it would have to be the intake i am on! But could just be a rumor, so you may not see my ugly mug on tv! :lol:
Application (Paras) - Done
Barb Maths & English tests - Done
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!

jay-buckley@hotmail.co.uk
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

You should be able to say if you don't want your face shown - they can't show your face without your permission!
We could see you all blurry!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

Hyperlithe wrote:You should be able to say if you don't want your face shown - they can't show your face without your permission!
We could see you all blurry!
I wouldn't mind to be honest i would love my friends to see what i will be going through as a lot of them think it would be a walk in the park.... Oh boy how wrong are they!!
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!

Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

I have seen his face and would rather watch it if he was blurt :lol:
2 PARA
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

I have the original series on video, can't watch It I don't own a video player anymore :roll:
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

There's a couple of people selling good quality DVD copies of the original series on ebay, I bought one recently. Showed it to a bus load full of Arnhem veterans and thier families on the way back from Arnhem a few weeks back, they loved it! :wink:

By the way Jay, thinking that you're going to be on telly whilst your in basic training might not be a good thing. Close ups of your snot/blood etc won't do much for your street cred! As the possibility of failing on National TV won't.
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

Greenronnie wrote:There's a couple of people selling good quality DVD copies of the original series on ebay, I bought one recently. Showed it to a bus load full of Arnhem veterans and thier families on the way back from Arnhem a few weeks back, they loved it! :wink:

By the way Jay, thinking that you're going to be on telly whilst your in basic training might not be a good thing. Close ups of your snot/blood etc won't do much for your street cred! As the possibility of failing on National TV won't.
LOL! Well I'm not going to fail, unless it's through injury... Trust me if you knew me i am a stubben bastard and hate to fail and no matter how much it hurts i will make sure i come out on top, may sound naive but it's true! It's probably just a rumor anyway, i would just like my mates to see what the paras go through as they are all a bit sheltered and think it will be easy!
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!

Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

You naive b*stard hahaha/ i dunno if i would like it. The course is so hard and at one point along the way am sure I am going to feel shit and want to scrap it (which i wont).
2 PARA
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

JayBuckley wrote:LOL! Well I'm not going to fail, unless it's through injury... Trust me if you knew me i am a stubben bastard and hate to fail and no matter how much it hurts i will make sure i come out on top, may sound naive but it's true!
It's good to be positive, but yes, you are being naive. Because every one of your fellow recruits will (or at least, should) feel exactly the same as you. But guess what? You won't all pass. And yep, injuries are very common.
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

Greenronnie wrote:
JayBuckley wrote:LOL! Well I'm not going to fail, unless it's through injury... Trust me if you knew me i am a stubben bastard and hate to fail and no matter how much it hurts i will make sure i come out on top, may sound naive but it's true!
It's good to be positive, but yes, you are being naive. Because every one of your fellow recruits will (or at least, should) feel exactly the same as you. But guess what? You won't all pass. And yep, injuries are very common.
It's simple if i do not pass i just try again until i do pass, i am not going in any other regiment, paras are the only regiment i want to be in!
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!

Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

JayBuckley wrote:It's simple if i do not pass i just try again until i do pass, i am not going in any other regiment, paras are the only regiment i want to be in!
Good on you. I felt the same when i was in depot. You will find out the reality and it puts things into perspective when you get to Catterick and see just how many people drop out through injury. It made me all the more careful to avoid injuries and all the more determined to get through.

Stand fcuking by JOE!!! :)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
JayBuckley

Post by JayBuckley »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
JayBuckley wrote:It's simple if i do not pass i just try again until i do pass, i am not going in any other regiment, paras are the only regiment i want to be in!
Good on you. I felt the same when i was in depot. You will find out the reality and it puts things into perspective when you get to Catterick and see just how many people drop out through injury. It made me all the more careful to avoid injuries and all the more determined to get through.

Stand fcuking by JOE!!! :)
Cheers, I have always been brought up being told if you want something bad enough then you try try and try again until you get to where you want to be. Medically i won't drop out unless i am told i can not continue and if possible i will reapply when the injury is healed if it is not a permanent injury.
Medical - Done
Interviews - Done
ADSC - Passed!!
Intake - November 16th!