Share This Page:

RAF Work Experience

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
pedro

RAF Work Experience

Post by pedro »

Hi

I'm new to the forum. I'm 15 and I've started looking at work experience options for next summer. Nowadays it is vital to get some under you belt for applying to universities apparently.
Anyhoo, I'm attracted to the idea of doing some work experience at an RAF station. Problem is, the website says that I must contact the station through my 'work experience co-ordinator'

My school does not have a 'work experience co-ordinator'.

Is there an altrenative solution?

Also, what is the experience like?

Many thanks
The Stig

Re: RAF Work Experience

Post by The Stig »

pedro wrote:Hi

I'm new to the forum. I'm 15 and I've started looking at work experience options for next summer. Nowadays it is vital to get some under you belt for applying to universities apparently.
Anyhoo, I'm attracted to the idea of doing some work experience at an RAF station. Problem is, the website says that I must contact the station through my 'work experience co-ordinator'

My school does not have a 'work experience co-ordinator'.

Is there an altrenative solution?

Also, what is the experience like?

Many thanks
hi an welcome to the forum! i did my work exp. in year 10 at RAF shawbury! luckily i lived on the RAF station so knew who to contact! most stations have work exp. programs, the best bet is to call up the station (the number should be on their station website) and see what they do! you can do a week where you spend different days with different branches or like i did just with PTI's in the gym for the week!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Thanks a lot
I will update on my progress when I get round to calling RAF Northolt, I'm in France at the moment.
Might be helpful to others, who knows
Thanks again!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Having looked on RAF Northolt's website, it turns out that I simply have to write to the station and apply for a place.
There is no phone number displayed, but no matter.
Thanks for your help Stig.
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

pedro wrote:Having looked on RAF Northolt's website, it turns out that I simply have to write to the station and apply for a place.
There is no phone number displayed, but no matter.
Thanks for your help Stig.
yer they are normally more then happy to offer you a place for work exp. you could even chose a certain area with which you want to spend the week! enjoy it anyways!