Share This Page:

Last minute help please guys.

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
gally123

Last minute help please guys.

Post by gally123 »

Hi everyone,
Im just about to start my royal marine training on the 27th of this month, ( 6 days to go and i cant wait) was just wondering if anyone could give me any help and pointers on things to look out for and pick up on in the first few weeks of training, and the things i should really revise and make sure i know ( ive been revising absolutlely everything but would like to really revise what will be most important for the start of training) any other tips on general points in training will be greatly appreciated also.
If anyone starting the recruitment process would like to ask any questions about applying or prms ect i would be glad to help.
many thanks
Alex.
timex

Post by timex »

Alex, first off good luck for your training. As to advice? Loads of it will no doubt be inbound. From me:-

Do your best at everything you are asked to do.

Give 100%.

Remember you are going to be run ragged, accept it and keep smiling.

DONT answer back or try to be a smartarse.

Help your mates, as they will help you.

Injuries if left too long can become serious so treat them asp or get to the Doc.

Never volunteer. an old adage but true.

Keep on top of your personal admin, even when you are knackered get it done so your ready for the next day.

Remember its only pain !!

Finally treat all advice with caution.......... :wink:

Shaun
Si Capon

Post by Si Capon »

Keep you eyes and ears open & your gob shut......job done.

Whatever you are told by your instructors is the way it should be done, don`t take shortcuts. YOU WILL GET CAUGHT OUT.

Good luck
Once....................... Always...tup, three
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

Alex, what timex said……….

However, additional Top Tips:

1. Get one step ahead of your fellow recruits and earn extra kudos with your instructors by turning up with a spare set of keys for the drill square (you can pick them up from eBay…)

2. Also, a half full bottle of Klear on display in your locker during inspections (especially when cunningly positioned next to your bulled boots) ALWAYS gets the instructors excited…..

3. Listen to timex rather than me

Good luck in training mate (and again, thanks for posting in English)