Share This Page:

Millings worst injury

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
SandyTheGuvnor

Millings worst injury

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

At the All Arms milling yesterday i seen the worst injury happen in the very first fight. A few seconds into the fight we heard a massive crack and one of the blokes fall too the ground screaming. Some how he twisted his ankle and snapped his tib & fib, it was a right mess you could see where the bones had snapped but as usual the P Coy medics were on the ball, but you could see the horror on the rest of the courses faces which i think it ended up being a pretty poor milling.
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Tab

Post by Tab »

I got one huge black eye during the milling, still attack attack attack was the order of the day. Still in those days there were no head guards, you just knocked seven bells out of each other.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

not milling but on trainasium, one broken arm and one lad broke a leg. and yes you do literally hear a crack. we were ordered to look away!
'Every man an Emperor'
Tab

Post by Tab »

The aerial Assault Course, the Sergent in charge had a swing into the netting which in those days was stretched out between a couple of trees. The platform we used to swing from was half was half way up a Beech tree. Well the rope broke and he went into the ground like a sack of old potato' and broke his back
STAND UP HOOK UP

Post by STAND UP HOOK UP »

pti shouts mill, one of the lads charges out, the other who had done a bit boxing before just sidestepped him and hit him onthe side of the head, the momentum carried him on and he fell and smashed his head against the side of the bench the blokes were sitting on, knocked out cold, and blood everywhere once he was sorted they took him to the med centre, the other lad was made to mill again , he was well chuffed if i remember correctly, but its not about winning is it.
La Langosta

Post by La Langosta »

I broke a finger nail once.....does that count??? :wink: :lol:
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

La Langosta wrote:I broke a finger nail once.....does that count??? :wink: :lol:
Sure...if it happened in a fight. :P

I dont understand how that guy managed to smash his head off the bench?! The benches have people sitting on them, squeezed up tight to fit everyone on. I would have thought people would have put their hands out to stop him falling, like they usually do :-?
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Maybe they didn't like him very much...
:lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Hyperlithe wrote:Maybe they didn't like him very much...
:lol:
Thats one explanation i suppose!

Its a great spectator sport up until the point where you are next to fight, sat with your gloves on. I was more nervous than my first jump.
La Langosta

Post by La Langosta »

Paratrooper01 wrote:
La Langosta wrote:I broke a finger nail once.....does that count??? :wink: :lol:
Sure...if it happened in a fight. :P
Certainement mon amis.
My fingernail was bent back when a hairy arsed Para caught me with his handbag :P :wink: :lol:
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

La Langosta wrote:Certainement mon amis.
My fingernail was bent back when a hairy arsed Para caught me with his handbag :P :wink: :lol:

Ahh, so it was you that night then! :lol:

Im a right rowdy bitch when ive had a few bacardi's. :lol:
Tab

Post by Tab »

One of our PTI's was a bit of shit and just loved getting people into the ring and giving them a good thumping. One of our lads on the Course was a ABA champion, and he wound up the PTI who instructed him to put on the gloves and get in the ring. Well fight by the former ABA champ was some thing to behold, he took the the PTI apart bit by bit. Still credit to the PTI he took it and did not call time as he was getting hammered
STAND UP HOOK UP

Post by STAND UP HOOK UP »

aint got a clue why they moved? but it scared the shit out of me when i was waiting to mil, . what i wont forget is the atmosphere in the gym, apart from most peoploe shitting them selves, the gym was packed with depot staff all screaming and shouting making for a cracking atmosphere, good memories.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

i was second pair up and was 2nd smallest bloke there. was cackin it because first two up were massive and got a right shafting of the course oc for fighting like they were 'nothing short of a handbag'. needless to say i went in there and went bananas - still lost though (huge weight difference) but made a mess of his nose so happy days!
'Every man an Emperor'