Share This Page:

Pre RTC 25th Sept RTC 12th November 2008 - anyone else?

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
sarah_jason700

Pre RTC 25th Sept RTC 12th November 2008 - anyone else?

Post by sarah_jason700 »

Hi there,
I have got a date for my pre RTC on 25th Sept and a potential date to start training of 12th November - SO EXCITED!!! Anyone give me any info?
Thanks x :D
Last edited by sarah_jason700 on Sun 14 Sep, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Hi Sarah,
you might want to try posting on Military Fitness and Training - more likely to find other new recruits over there!
Good luck...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
jamiebradleylewis

Pre RTC 25/09/08

Post by jamiebradleylewis »

Hey, Sarah :D

I'm going on my pre RTC on the 25th of this month too! I never thought I'd find someone else who's going on the same dates. I'm starting my basic training on the 29th of October though. I'm going to be joining as RAF Police.

Jamie.
sarah_jason700

Post by sarah_jason700 »

Cool - how are you feeling about it? I really can't wait but a little bit nervous! What do you do workwise at the moment? I am currently a recruitment consultant. How old are you and where are you travelling from? How are you getting on with the training side of things run times and that? The quickest I've done is 13:01 which is probably really bad lol!! But at least I have another 6 weeks or so to really try and get stuck in!
jamiebradleylewis

Post by jamiebradleylewis »

Hey, I'm a bit nervous too, meeting a load of new people. I just want to start now. I'm a bit nervous about the fitness side of it as well. I know we'll have to do a bleep test up on the two day visit and sit ups and press ups. But it's not actually tested then. I've started practicing for the bleep test now and I can just about get up to 9.1. I can run a mile and a half in about 11:21, that's what I did in my pre joining fitness test. Just need to practice a bit more on sit upsand press ups now though.

I'm 19 by the way and I'll be travelling from Llanelli in South Wales. Where are you from? I work in a local supermarket. It's the first and only job I've had. Been there for just over 3 years now. Can't wait to leave!!!

Jamie.
sarah_jason700

Post by sarah_jason700 »

I'm 24, originally from Northern Ireland but am currently living in the midlands. I can't believe it is next Thursday and Friday - I can't wait!! I havn't attempted the bleep test but I've heard it is really hard. I live on camp at the moment as my husband is already in the RAF so I'm hoping he is going to try and get me onto one of the fitness tests here. So fingers crossed I might be able to get a little bit of practice in before next week!
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

The bleep test is not hard! All you have to do is run up and down in time with the bleeps, and you'll find it starts off really slow anyway.
I'm 30, and I only have to get to level 6.something, so you'll probably be aiming for level 7.4 or so. At 26 my target time for the mile and a half was 13 mins, and I got it down from 12.54 at joining to under 11 mins after 10 weeks of training.
Just have a bit of confidence in yourselves, you'll be surprised what you can do.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Stu-Fowler

Post by Stu-Fowler »

Bleep test is all about technique, Download it onto and I-pod, Find a rugby/football pitch and practise, A guy should really be aiming for early 9's minimum if your not 100%fit, You should'nt stop until your feeling sick! sounds shit I know!

Stu
RAF Regiment Gunner
Aplication:June 18th
Aptitude test:June 30th Passed
Formal selection interview:July 24th Passed
Medical:13th August Passed
PGAC:1st September Passed
Final Interview:18th December Passed
TGC:25th January

Long process!!
bigdj

Post by bigdj »

Stu is the bleep test you do with the RAF the same as the one by the australian institute of sport, because thats the only one i can find to download?
sarah_jason700

Post by sarah_jason700 »

Does anyone know why women have to have 6 weeks between their Pre RTC and RTC dates? Noone seems to know!
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

I hadn't heard of that before (we didn't have pre-RTC when I joined up!) but the only reason I can possibly imagine is so that you can be 100% sure you're not pregnant...
Although that doesn't really work either, because you could get pregnant in the week before you start...
Ok, ignore me, I can't work it out either!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Stu-Fowler

Post by Stu-Fowler »

bigdj wrote:Stu is the bleep test you do with the RAF the same as the one by the australian institute of sport, because thats the only one i can find to download?
Not to sure mate, the bleep test you will do on PGAC or any other RAF Phys test will be a standard 20 meter shuttle run aka bleep test
RAF Regiment Gunner
Aplication:June 18th
Aptitude test:June 30th Passed
Formal selection interview:July 24th Passed
Medical:13th August Passed
PGAC:1st September Passed
Final Interview:18th December Passed
TGC:25th January

Long process!!
ststarkie

pre rtc

Post by ststarkie »

heyy ive got my pre rtc on 25th sept, potential start date 25th october.

Pretty excited. Hope to see you there.
natlavill

Post by natlavill »

got mine 2moro aswell, nt lukin 4wrd 2 the journey down! I was told the 6week gap is for our pelvis,what eva thats about.x
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Nat, please can you write in English, us 'old' people don't like text speak.
Thanks!
8)
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours