Share This Page:

THE BITCH IS DEAD

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
Wholley

THE BITCH IS DEAD

Post by Wholley »

I just hope Obama is smart enough to to keep her off his VP list.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/ap_on_el_pr/clinton
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Oh Dear!!!
If he doe's McCain wins.
YESSSSS.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080606/ap_on_el_pr/clinton
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Wholley,
I think I get it, but can you please clarify.

If Obama selects Clinton for VP then McCain wins the Presidency? Is that correct?
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Erm...
In a nutshell yes.
Both Obama and Clinton are despised in the South(For the obvious reasons)They may get the Northern Tier States but with the ever increasing population in the Southern States they would not have a hope.
McCain is from Arizona and a war vet and a well respected senior Senator,Clinton is a liar and Obama is largely unknown outside of Illinois.
Does that help or just muddy the waters further?
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Not really. It was the impact of the relationship between Obama and Clinton that I was wondering about.
So Obama is the Dems man for the Pres and Clinton is?
Is McCain the Rep man for the Pres?
How do you know he will win?
df2inaus

Obama vs. McCain

Post by df2inaus »

I don't care who wins the presidency at this point, now that it won't be Clinton. Good luck to McCain and Obama, may it it a gallant, chivalrous campaign.
"Poor Ike, it won't be a bit like the Army. He'll find it very frustrating. He'll sit here and he'll say, 'Do this! Do that!' And nothing will happen."
Harry Truman
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Like thats going to happen :agrue:
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Yes, thank goodness that phoney, lying cow is out of the picture (for now). Another spoiled brat who would ahve royally screwed things up. Plus, she was on a kick to change the second amendment for the worse! Obama is a bad seed IMO. He's on an agenda, big time.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

A certain Morrissey lyric seems very apt in these days of non-white non-male candidates

Singing about the USA:
"Where the president is never black, female or gay"

Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Actually... anyone know what team McCain plays for? We might get the hattrick! ;)
GD

Post by GD »

Bugger - I thought and hoped this was about Bernadette Devlin.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

GD wrote:Bugger - I thought and hoped this was about Bernadette Devlin.
Ouch! I met her once on duty! Pleasant enough, I suppose.
PoliSci

Post by PoliSci »

If Obama wins Osama and millions of nutcase islamists will take that as a retreat. McCain all the way. This is a guy who actually understand counter insurgency warfare better than anyone I have ever heard in politics worldwide. He understands Nuyen Gap, Roger Trinquier, T.E. Lawrence, Frank Kitson, etc.

McCain is a dream candidate for this war. Who knows what will happen to the economy though... :)
GD

Post by GD »

I don't think it maters who gets in. The US is committed to a certain foreign policy which has been ratified by Congress. Whoever the President is has to take the same advice from the same military and administrative advisors as Bush had (apart from his immediate staff).

Nothing will change, excuses will be made and the troops will stay in.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I have to agree with PoliSci.
McCain is the way to go although he is a little too centerist for me personaly.My absentee balllot is already on it's way.
I know Obama has not a hope in the South.
PoliSci

Post by PoliSci »

The US is committed to a certain foreign policy which has been ratified by Congress. Whoever the President is has to take the same advice from the same military and administrative advisors as Bush had (apart from his immediate staff).

Nothing will change, excuses will be made and the troops will stay in.
Well I hope your right but the French left Algeria and encouraged the terrorists, then the Americans left beiruit after the bombing and encouraged hezbolla, then we tuck tailed from Africa (in some ways) after the Kenya bombings. Im afraid that Afganistan and Iraq will just be another step backwards. These islamists are not fighting us because "we hurt them", they have imperialistic agendas of their own and they wont stop unless they get stopped...