Share This Page:

The scariest and most inaccurate

Firearm and Weapon Discussions - Anything capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I'll have to look at purchasing Black Talons.
I have a Glock 9mm that is easier carried concealed than the Glock 22. However the Glock 22 is a 40 cal and 40 cal is a lethal round. Just the Glock 22 is uncomfortable to carry inside the waistband.

Hahaha South African, you guys are pretty close to Americans as far as mentality on a few issues. One of them being guns.

That story of the Afrikaner is funny. We have those kinds of people here too. There was a guy named NB here who was a friend of mine who could back this story up since he was there. But I took a lucky shot at a door with a .380 with just a slight arch and nailed the door knob at 200 meters away. Talk about jaws drop. I initially thought it was 300 meters, that is what I was told. But we have since measured the range and found it to be 200 meters. However it was not skill but luck.
Sure had people gawking in awe though. It was the first shot too.

You guys in SA can have guns still since the ANC took over?
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
BritinAfrica

Post by BritinAfrica »

Whitey wrote:I'll have to look at purchasing Black Talons.
I have a Glock 9mm that is easier carried concealed than the Glock 22. However the Glock 22 is a 40 cal and 40 cal is a lethal round. Just the Glock 22 is uncomfortable to carry inside the waistband.
This where I love the Colt 45ACP or the Browning Hi-Power, both are very slim and easy(ish) to hide, plus I am a total fan of "cocked and locked". I far prefer a single action auto over a double action. Although my son has a CZ75, amazingly reliable and accurate. I was considering buying a Glock 22 in 40S&W, but the 45 ACP won me over.
Whitey wrote:Hahaha South African, you guys are pretty close to Americans as far as mentality on a few issues. One of them being guns.
I'm not South African, I'm a Brit lol.
Whitey wrote:That story of the Afrikaner is funny. We have those kinds of people here too. There was a guy named NB here who was a friend of mine who could back this story up since he was there. But I took a lucky shot at a door with a .380 with just a slight arch and nailed the door knob at 200 meters away. Talk about jaws drop. I initially thought it was 300 meters, that is what I was told. But we have since measured the range and found it to be 200 meters. However it was not skill but luck.
Sure had people gawking in awe though. It was the first shot too.
I must admit I have had a fair number of lucky shots too, not skill. A lot of people underestimate the 380 (or 9mm short as its known here), its not a bad calibre.
Whitey wrote:You guys in SA can have guns still since the ANC took over?
The ANC are trying to disarm us, but we are fighting back slowly but surely. After 10 years in this fight we might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully its not an incoming train. On top of that, it looks like the ANC are on their way out. Watch this space lol.